Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls (save thread for refere
Reply #105 - 05/21/09 at 19:27:53

Hey Bruno and Savage Hiker, shoot me a PM and I'll get you both on the list. I'm trying to ramp up how many sets I make per batch to keep up with the demand. I'm also offering a stainless steel hardware kit for an extra $10.00, thanks to vhfkid, so you won't need to buy any extra stuff for the installation.  Oh yeah, my better half is back to being the ol ball n chain so it looks like she has gotten better. Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #106 - 05/22/09 at 10:48:06

I'll be shooting you a PM when I secure the funds to order. I'm trying to sell the parts I'm taking off or changing so that should help.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #107 - 05/22/09 at 13:08:45

High-Def, no problem, I'll put you on the list for the next batch. It will take me a week or more to get the next batch ready.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #108 - 05/25/09 at 09:39:35

Ed L. wrote on 05/22/09 at 13:08:45:
High-Def, no problem, I'll put you on the list for the next batch. It will take me a week or more to get the next batch ready.

Sweet! I'm all good now so just let me know when you have a 4" set ready to go. Thanks.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
treyes
YaBB Newbies

On a Slippery Slope

Eastern PA
Reply #109 - 06/04/09 at 02:07:48

I am also interested in a 4 inch set, and having a wrench day with a few friends to do some work near the end of June.  If you could tell me when a set would be available, I'll get the funds right out.

IP Logged
stratman

Klaatu,
Verata....Necktie

Concord, Ca.
Reply #110 - 06/04/09 at 20:12:44

Hi Ed L, I would also like a 4" set.  Please let me know when the next batch will be ready.  Thanks, stratman

'There's no money above the 7th fret'...Tommy Tedesco
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #111 - 06/09/09 at 11:05:18

stratman, got you on the list. PM me for the details.

IP Logged
D666
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ayr, Ontario, Canada
Reply #112 - 06/16/09 at 17:52:40

Hi EdL!
I just bought a 2007 S40, my first cruiser, and just joined this awesome message board. Will the forwards you make work for my year?  I'm 6'1 with a 33" inseam, I'd love to get a 4" set if you're still taking orders  Wink

IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #113 - 06/19/09 at 08:02:51

Seth C. wrote on 05/25/09 at 09:39:35:

Sweet! I'm all good now so just let me know when you have a 4" set ready to go. Thanks.

I got them in the mail yesterday, that was some fast shipping ED, thanks. Now I just gotta find some time to put them on.

To those who have installed these already, a few questions.
  *How long should a person with average mechanical skills set aside to do it right?
  *Any first hand advice on the before and after?

I'll post up some pics when installed and add my 2 cents. Smiley

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #114 - 06/19/09 at 10:30:57

Seth C. wrote on 06/19/09 at 08:02:51:
Seth C. wrote on 05/25/09 at 09:39:35:

I got them in the mail yesterday, that was some fast shipping ED, thanks. Now I just gotta find some time to put them on.

To those who have installed these already, a few questions.
  *How long should a person with average mechanical skills set aside to do it right?
  *Any first hand advice on the before and after?

I'll post up some pics when installed and add my 2 cents. Smiley

Here is my comments on installation and fit:
It took me about five hours to put them on.  But I had to stop for supper and the first hour I spent getting down, then up and walking to the shop to get my tools then walking back and getting down and getting up and, well you get the picture.  (I will be glad to get my shop cleaned out, but it is too much fun riding and there is too much other stuff to do.)

I got a set that were pretty easy to put on, just a couple of hitches, but nothing that I couldn't figure out.  I do suggest looking at the pictures first to make sure you know which way is up.  I did have to adjust the gear shift and I need to adjust the brake, but the exhaust was too hot to mess around.  I will take care of that tomorrow.  Oh, boy, she rides like an easy chair now!

Highly recommended.  Ed sells a good product and shipping was super fast.

And here is the whole thread:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1240457312/29#29

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
91 UK SAVAGE
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

weston super mare,england
Reply #115 - 06/28/09 at 04:27:30

are there any of these ready to go? and ship to uk?
thanks

IP Logged
Petra
YaBB Newbies

Its all about the
ride

GA/SC Border
Reply #116 - 06/28/09 at 08:32:30

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to have found this thread. I have been hunting for FC for about a month now, ever since I got my 09 s40. Will they work with my model? And if so, what kind of wait time would I have being last on the list?

CyclChyk   IP Logged
syks
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #117 - 07/08/09 at 19:46:57

thanks again for the cutom forward controls! when i get the time to put them on ill put up some pics as promised

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #118 - 07/09/09 at 07:32:18

Well I haven't had any time to get in the shop over the last few weeks. Been getting ready for some house guests who were suposed to be here last week but still haven't arrived yet. My better half wants the house to be spotless so I've been elected to help keep the place clean. The windows are getting thin from all the rubbing we have been doing on them to keep them clean. I think house guests are like fresh fish, after three days they begin to stink and you want them to leave and they haven't even showed up yet. The good new is that I'll be starting another batch soon, already have the aluminum plate just need to cut it up. I can ship to the UK or overseas, UK91 savage but it costs more for shipping. Anybody who is interested PM me and I'll get you on the new list.
Ed

IP Logged
91 UK SAVAGE
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

weston super mare,england
Reply #119 - 07/09/09 at 13:28:08

how much to ship to uk?
thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38