Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
An apology... (Read 284 times)
govmule84

Scooter Trash

Central Missouri
An apology...
01/30/08 at 05:58:42

...to all my Savagers.  I have been a pretty bad board member recently.  A few of you may remember my post in the marketplace trying to sell my bike for my move to CT....

...to those I was going to find tins for - I do still have them, and my old roommate is going to ship them to any takers as soon as I get some money together.

The move went fantastically.  My bike did not move at all in the trailer...(word of advice...if you anchor the bike from ABOVE, you don't need to compress forks.)  My new home in CT is pretty rough on my bobber.  Apparently, the nice Smokey at the DMV thinks I need front and rear fenders, a horizontal mount license plate, a plate light, a muffler, and a chain guard.  If any CT riders want to tell me if and how they skirt The Law, I'd be appreciative.

Additionally, I just wanted to thank all of you guys who gave words of advice.  My girlfriend is great, and our new kid is having a blast...a little routine in his life is doing him fantastically.  My mom is proud, so if that's any indicator of how things are going, awesome.

Savagers...you guys are the best.  I'm sorry when I don't check my messages for a long time or let stuff fall through occasionally.  Y'all are alright by me!  Ride safe!

Liam

Ninety percent of my money went to bikes, broads, and booze. The rest I wasted.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: An apology...
Reply #1 - 01/30/08 at 06:40:04

Liam,
   We do like happy endings....glad to hear you kept the bike, and that move went well.

As for fenders.... I wonder if they have a definition of fender   Wink .  

It maybe time to get an old fender, put a pattern on it and cut into it, turning it  into a "minimun" fender.    Maybe a skull & cross-bones to match the new T-shirts.... Grin  

Ooohhh  ... wait.... got a new kid....  you need tele-tubbies or maybe SpongeBob   Wink

T-Mack from Eastside PA

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 01/30/08 at 07:35:46

Great! Glad things went well for you (mostly).   Roll Eyes

Above all, to make a mariage work, be honest, be vocal, keep the other honest and beside you, not in front or behind, unless you're riding.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #3 - 01/30/08 at 12:22:19

Good Advice from Verslagen1.  I hope things work out great for you all.
Take Care Ride Safe and keep us all informed
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 01/30/08 at 12:51:59

Yup, all the best to you and yours govmule84! As for the funny things "the Man" is makin' you do to dilute your Bobber ... well, lets just say that most laws can be "bent" almost to the breaking point! Wink Good luck in life dude ... and with keepin' your Bobber "pure" Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 01/30/08 at 13:07:10

Welcome back.

They're probably just giving you a hard time for a new registration, and won't be a problem too often.

How about just getting another old fender with taillight, license plate light, and frame.  Since yours is kinda stripped down, it won't be too hard to swap them quickly for the inspection.  Don't even remove the vertical mount for the plate.  Just swap 4 bolts, plug in the wires and go.

Got your old muffler and belt guard?  I have a belt guard on eBay if ya want it.

Whew, makes me glad to be in Washington State.  No inspection of any kind.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 01/30/08 at 13:09:32

Savage_Greg wrote on 01/30/08 at 13:07:10:
Welcome back.

They're probably just giving you a hard time for a new registration, and won't be a problem too often.

How about just getting another old fender with taillight, license plate light, and frame.  Since yours is kinda stripped down, it won't be too hard to swap them quickly for the inspection.  Don't even remove the vertical mount for the plate.  Just swap 4 bolts, plug in the wires and go.

Got your old muffler and belt guard?  I have a belt guard on eBay if ya want it.

Whew, makes me glad to be in Washington State.  No inspection of any kind.

finally,  for many years it was a tough inspection, engine and frame numbers had to match.    i like it better this way.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 01/30/08 at 13:09:38

govmule84 wrote on 01/30/08 at 05:58:42:
....... the nice Smokey at the DMV thinks I need front and rear fenders, a horizontal mount license plate, a plate light, a muffler, and a chain guard.  ....

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap246.htm

Sec. 14-104. Fenders and other wheel protectors. (a) No person shall operate on any public highway any motor vehicle with a passenger or commercial registration which is not equipped with fenders on all wheels which come into contact with the highway unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle.

Sec. 14-96c. Tail lamps. Illumination of rear registration plate....
      (c) The rear registration plate shall be so illumined with a white light as to render it clearly legible from a distance of fifty feet to the rear.

Sec. 14-80. Mechanical equipment. (a) Each motor vehicle and the devices on such vehicle shall be operated, equipped, constructed and adjusted to prevent unnecessary or unusual noise.
     (b) Each motor vehicle operated by an internal combustion engine shall be equipped, except as hereinafter provided, with a muffler or mufflers designed to prevent excessive, unusual or unnecessary exhaust noise. The muffler or mufflers shall be maintained by the owner in good working order and shall be in use whenever the motor vehicle is operated.

Can't find anyrequirement for the plate to be horizonal or for a chain guard.  Ask him for the vehicle code.

WWW   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #8 - 01/30/08 at 13:11:17

Congrats,and good luck.If no one here can help on the laws try The Horse backstreet choppers(.com)site I think there are some chopper guys up that way.Most are pretty cool on the site,doesn't matter what you ride there. Wink

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #9 - 01/30/08 at 13:33:41

Good luck to you! You're wife is a lucky gal!
You have someone now whom you can teach how to work on the bike (the kid I mean, not sure about the wife's interest!)
Don't be a stranger!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #10 - 01/30/08 at 15:22:40

If you don't already love this little boy, you soon will. Kids will steal your heart.

We're at the mercy of time, and time don't got no mercy.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #11 - 01/30/08 at 16:40:12

And teach you A LOT about mankind.  Scary-smart they are.  Never lie to a child -- they remember everything you say.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 01/30/08 at 17:06:50

Except what you said to NOT do & why..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #13 - 01/30/08 at 19:36:08

Paladin. wrote on 01/30/08 at 16:40:12:
And teach you A LOT about mankind.  Scary-smart they are.  Never lie to a child -- they remember everything you say.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/30/08 at 17:06:50:
Except what you said to NOT do & why..

Or when they turn 13   Grin  .... Please take out the garbage,..yea Dad,  in a minute......

Quote:
Sec. 14-104. Fenders and other wheel protectors. (a) No person shall operate on any public highway any motor vehicle with a passenger or commercial registration which is not equipped with fenders on all wheels which come into contact with the highway unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle.

Hmmmm  one seat,..  what passenger?   Rear of the vehicle,  hmmm that's the tire that is already wet...... hmmmm  Wink  I could see a rather minimal fender here.....  hey,  a image of a mule cut out....?

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #14 - 01/31/08 at 04:54:03

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 01/30/08 at 19:36:08:
...Or when they turn 13   Grin  ....

ay yi yi.....  the only reasonable thing to do with teenagers is to lock them in the cellar for seven years.

Quote:
Passenger in this case is an adjective modifying the noun 'registation' -- even when it is impossible to carry a passenger the motocycle remains a passenger vehicle.  Even if you never touch wet pavement the requirement is for the ability to minimize spray/splash to the rear -- OR a fender.  The fender can be quite minimal.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:08:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › An apology...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.