Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Flooding when accelerating past throttle stop (Read 667 times)
viper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Flooding when accelerating past throttle stop
Reply #30 - 01/10/08 at 19:31:16

Sorry didn't have spell checker on
Viper

IP Logged
Warric
YaBB Newbies

Rock On

New Zealand
Reply #31 - 01/10/08 at 19:35:43

Thanks HEAPS

I think what was happening was I got a bit more power for the 1st couple degrees past the stop, and then as a few hav pointed out, going past the 90 degree mark the fix was going up the buggery & causing the flooding effect.

Next little job will be to adjust the stopper so that throttle can open the full 90, but not beyond.

Thanks for your thoughts

Cheer

WWW   IP Logged
Warric
YaBB Newbies

Rock On

New Zealand
Reply #32 - 01/10/08 at 19:38:43

Savage greg

I have visited your website, & tried purchasing a CD last nite, but I dont/wont own a credit card so Im out of luck.

I have not complained about any of your comments.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #33 - 01/10/08 at 19:42:47

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 01/10/08 at 18:27:00:
Demin wrote on 01/10/08 at 16:13:14:
Back to the ?.could it be removing that screw also opened up an airway,if it was drilled,and tapped all the way through the body? Smiley

Took mine out to check to see it he was getting air.   Small screwdriver stops/bottoms out.  Still think it might be too much air, not fuel.

Anyone have a carb on the shelf to look at throttle plate travel?

You, Skrapiron and Viper sound about right to me.  At any rate if the vacuum pressure, which is calibrated to the diaphragm and slide, is changed, you might have the throttle plate wide open and the diaphragm dropping which closes off the the main jet.  I doubt that it was flooding as much as starvation.  A whole lot of possibilities...

As far as the carb goes....You know my history.  Of course I do.  My carb is always on the shelf Grin

I'll go look and come back.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #34 - 01/10/08 at 20:21:51

I just checked my carb.  With a caliper I measured the distance from the throttle plate to the top and the bottom of the intake (sort of the radius).

With the throttle wide open it measures .765" from the bottom up to the plate, and it measures .750" from the top down to the plate.  That makes "wide open" position about .007" above the 90 degree point (if you split the difference).

IP Logged
crimsonblaspheme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 01/10/08 at 20:42:43

Incidentally, none of exist at your beckon call to answer your questions.  You came in here and said you looked around and "didn't find what you wanted".  Too bad.  We aren't here to hold your hand and help you buy a bike, either.  You have one and you need to know what to look for?  

You ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer, and you are surprised?

Change your name.  It's stupid.

No none of you exist for me and as I pointed out you didnt have to answer, you also didnt have to be an a$$. You couldve shut the hell up. No I didnt find exactly what I wanted which is why I asked. Again, you COULD answer if you know, or you COULD shut the hell up. No sarcasm or rudeness is necessary. And I dont want you to hold my hand to buy a bike, but as I already said once I own a REBEL, not a SAVAGE. There's a difference, but you should know that since you know everything but are too mighty to bestow such wisdom upon us who are new to the savage. I asked what I should look for concerning a specific year bike. an 88 savage. Once again you could answer OR shut the hell up. You apparently didnt read anything I had asked since you were too busy sharpening your "wit". The only thing I'm surprised about is that you didnt get beat as a child...or maybe you did. Either way I blame your parents and everyone who never whipped the snot out of you. And as far as my name goes...my dad can beat up your dad.

Now, I'm finished. You win. Everyone clap for greg.If you like we can continue this one on one so as not to ruin the forum further. I'm heading west this summer, I'd love to stop by where ever you are on my way and we can talk.

IP Logged
crimsonblaspheme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 01/10/08 at 20:45:57

verslagen1 wrote on 01/10/08 at 17:59:45:
Warric wrote on 01/10/08 at 16:16:32:
Thanks to those that have been of help. For those that know everything Iv returned the throttle stop. For those that have forgotten, "You dont know unless you try"

Warric you rock, you tried something, you told us what happened, you fixed it.  I think we all learned something.

To get back to the hijack... Red, How did you help?  Not at all, you're guilty of your own outrage.

I Pm'd him with a suggestion to try the tech page, and that Id read many people use a washer or some other thinner spacer. Which is more than greg did. What are you two married? He obviously can defend himself.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #37 - 01/10/08 at 20:47:46

crimsonblaspheme wrote on 01/10/08 at 20:42:43:
Incidentally, none of exist at your beckon call to answer your questions.  You came in here and said you looked around and "didn't find what you wanted".  Too bad.  We aren't here to hold your hand and help you buy a bike, either.  You have one and you need to know what to look for?  

You ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer, and you are surprised?

Change your name.  It's stupid.

No none of you exist for me and as I pointed out you didnt have to answer, you also didnt have to be an a$$. You couldve shut the hell up. No I didnt find exactly what I wanted which is why I asked. Again, you COULD answer if you know, or you COULD shut the hell up. No sarcasm or rudeness is necessary. And I dont want you to hold my hand to buy a bike, but as I already said once I own a REBEL, not a SAVAGE. There's a difference, but you should know that since you know everything but are too mighty to bestow such wisdom upon us who are new to the savage. I asked what I should look for concerning a specific year bike. an 88 savage. Once again you could answer OR shut the hell up. You apparently didnt read anything I had asked since you were too busy sharpening your "wit". The only thing I'm surprised about is that you didnt get beat as a child...or maybe you did. Either way I blame your parents and everyone who never whipped the snot out of you. And as far as my name goes...my dad can beat up your dad.

Now, I'm finished. You win. Everyone clap for greg.If you like we can continue this one on one so as not to ruin the forum further. I'm heading west this summer, I'd love to stop by where ever you are on my way and we can talk.

Boy, I believe that I know why you don't hang out in the Rebel forum anymore...

BTW, quoting works better if you use the "quote" button.

IP Logged
Warric
YaBB Newbies

Rock On

New Zealand
Reply #38 - 01/10/08 at 20:53:15

Savage_Greg

No offence taken, tis all gud.

Me, Im a Dairy Farmer (hence the reason I like to tinker 1st, ask last lol) from New Zealand. Iv havent heard of PayPal, but if there is some way i could deposit $$ into some bank account, I would be very keen for a CD.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #39 - 01/10/08 at 21:08:48

crimsonblaspheme wrote on 01/10/08 at 20:45:57:
I Pm'd him with a suggestion to try the tech page, and that Id read many people use a washer or some other thinner spacer. Which is more than greg did. What are you two married? He obviously can defend himself.

Not only bad advice, but completely wrong, and still no help at all.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #40 - 01/10/08 at 21:09:44

Warric wrote on 01/10/08 at 20:53:15:
Savage_Greg

No offence taken, tis all gud.

Me, Im a Dairy Farmer (hence the reason I like to tinker 1st, ask last lol) from New Zealand. Iv havent heard of PayPal, but if there is some way i could deposit $$ into some bank account, I would be very keen for a CD.

Dairy farmer?  An honest living there.

That's what PayPal is...money transfers.  It's usually what's used on eBay, too.  Hmmm.  Here's the link:

https://www.paypal.com/

Anyway, send me a PM.

IP Logged
crimsonblaspheme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 01/11/08 at 13:00:25

bad advice maybe, but it was bad advice off this forum from someone else. All i told him is what I read and to go read it himself. And I'm welcomed in the rebel forum. No one there has a bug up their a$$. NOW I'm finished.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #42 - 01/11/08 at 13:09:18

crimsonblaspheme wrote on 01/11/08 at 13:00:25:
bad advice maybe, but it was bad advice off this forum from someone else. All i told him is what I read and to go read it himself. And I'm welcomed in the rebel forum. No one there has a bug up their a$$. NOW I'm finished.

boy i gettin tired of readin this crimson kids crap..go away till your sac drops

« Last Edit: 01/11/08 at 18:09:29 by thumperclone »  

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #43 - 01/11/08 at 13:59:39

Roll Eyes

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Warric
YaBB Newbies

Rock On

New Zealand
Reply #44 - 01/11/08 at 14:17:28

crimsonblaspheme

Look chap, Iv been told plenty of times that Im big enuff & ugly enuff to look after meself, so piss off somewhere else ae.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:24:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flooding when accelerating past throttle stop

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.