Send Topic Print
Flyscreen Windshield (Read 21 times)
markrider

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Flyscreen Windshield
11/29/07 at 14:10:07

I saw a Flyscreen Windshield/Windscreen  on  
e-bay designed to fit the Savage/S40.  Is anyone using one of these? If so do they fit right?   Also do they offer much wind reduction or are they more for show than anything else.  I like the look, but is this  thing just an appearance dodad?  Thanks.
Markrider

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: Flyscreen Windshield
Reply #1 - 11/29/07 at 19:04:30

I have one on mine right now. It fits perfectly on the bike. It is only good for keeping the wind off your chest when traveling at high speeed (55- Grin). If you need more wind protection for open face helmet, then you need to get a bigger windshield.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 11/29/07 at 19:25:01

As SavageDude sez, 55+ sans screen has you holding on against wind pressure.  The Flyscreen lets you get up to 90 before the wind pressure again gets annoying.  (Not that I've been 90+, but I have been on the I-10 with a 30+ mph headwind.)

WWW   IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #3 - 11/29/07 at 19:43:16

I used to run a flyscreen, they look sweet and you do notice a difference but obviously not as much as you probably would with a bigger screen.

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
markrider

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

o Re: Flyscreen Windshield
Reply #4 - 11/30/07 at 03:59:31

Thanks for the info!  I think I will order one for Christmas.   $93 on e-bay doesn't seem too bad.   Maybe I will luck out and be able to go for a few more cold weather rides over here in Jersey.  Doing my best to deal with the "winter sucks" mentality.  
Markrider

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 11/30/07 at 07:46:03

Ran one on my LS650 and it now resides on my VS800 ... all of the above mentioned points are valid ... love my Flyscreen and it looks cool too! 8)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 11:16:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flyscreen Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.