Send Topic Print
2003 Savage info (Read 4 times)
wolfen
YaBB Newbies

Wife's Thumper

Western New York
2003 Savage info
11/17/07 at 09:38:35

I am sure I am asking questions that have been answered before, but I can just find bits and pieces of info. My wife has a 2003 Savage, and I just ordered a Screamin Eagle slip on for it. I am assuming I need to change the jet size, but I have never done this before. Is it hard to do myself and any suggestions on the size to install?
Also, with Christmas coming, her wish list is growing. So I am looking for advice on the following:
Saddle bags and bracket (big enough for a rain suit)
Windshield (she is 5'7" tall) which looks "sporty" as she says

She really loves the bike, and if I were shorter, I would too. It's much easier and cheaper to work on then my present bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 2003 Savage info
Reply #1 - 11/18/07 at 00:33:15

I had some Givi soft bags on the Nevada & was able to ( carefully)stuff a slicket top & rain pants in one of the outer pockets. With a little effort a rain suit will fit in a very small space. As small as a lunch bag. I went to Wal Mart & bought  a lunch bag, sewed a couple of D rings on it & a flap with velcro on it & mounted it using the strap & a small bungee under the rear of the seat. It mounts in less than 30 seconds.

Yes, jet it. The tech section has all the info y9ou will need, Jet size is dependent on elevation above sea level.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
greidel
YaBB Newbies

Personal Text

Lancaster, PA
Re: 2003 Savage info
Reply #2 - 11/18/07 at 04:25:23

The saddlebags that fit on the S40 would be too small for me. I don't need to carry many small things, I need to carry 1 big thing: a laptop. So I put on a rear rack and got a Road Ready sissybar bag (http://www.roadreadybags.com/).

The system I bought has a large square bag with 3 outrigger pockets and a barrel bag. THe bags can be clipped together or used seperately.

Here is the square bag alone:

2008 Versys - Red
2006 S40 - Silver (traded)
2007 Yamaha C3 - Blue
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 05:31:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2003 Savage info