Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Airboxes are ugly (Read 22 times)
andylaughs
YaBB Newbies

I'm broke, yo!

Airboxes are ugly
10/23/07 at 13:38:26

How do I ditch mine now that I have a cone filter installed?

IP Logged
Hell, Billy

back in black, again

a dirt road, somewhere in R I
Re: Airboxes are ugly
Reply #1 - 10/23/07 at 13:48:11

Why don`t you keep it for storage?

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 10/23/07 at 13:48:30

screw driver or nut driver works wonders.

You should get a small filter for the crankcase/head breather tube.    It can be tucked up under something (gas tank??).   Remember that oil condensates in the drain tube on the bottom of the air box.  That oil will also deposit on the little small filter.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
andylaughs
YaBB Newbies

I'm broke, yo!

Reply #3 - 10/24/07 at 10:25:30

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
screw driver or nut driver works wonders.

You should get a small filter for the crankcase/head breather tube.    It can be tucked up under something (gas tank??).   Remember that oil condensates in the drain tube on the bottom of the air box.  That oil will also deposit on the little small filter.

Yeah, I already planned to use a glass automotive fuel filter for that (with some fake braided tubing, hanging it in a conspicuous spot to combine a little form and function...I have a similar setup on my Victory). I want to replace the airbox with a polished quart-sized automotive paint can as a faux oil bag/place to stash some wiring. Do I need to remove the battery box to get the airbox out, or will it just unbolt?

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #4 - 10/25/07 at 10:08:43

There are no bolts between battery box and air box.  You should be able to pop the air cleaner and take a quick look.  

Here's a thought,  good spot for a spare fuel tank.......wonder how much volume is there.    Honda VT750 shadows have little fuel pumps ..... .Hmmmmmmm....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 10/25/07 at 10:39:57

andylaughs wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Yeah, I already planned to use a glass automotive fuel filter for that (with some fake braided tubing, hanging it in a conspicuous spot to combine a little form and function...I have a similar setup on my Victory

needs to flow in and out ~650cc fairly unrestricted per piston stroke or it will build up a lot of pressure - enough to pump oil up the speedo cable out the top and make one he77 of a mess Roll Eyes. these singles huff and puff a lot more than a multicylinder as there is no other place for the air to go.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 10/25/07 at 10:50:26

there's one bolt way down on the left at the bottom of the air box.  it can be hard to find.  loosen the belt guard and get in there...

V

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:19:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Airboxes are ugly

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.