Send Topic Print
Muffler (Read 8 times)
DocNeedles

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

British Columbia
Muffler
10/24/07 at 19:05:14

I am waiting for an upgrade carburetor from Lancer and have installed a K&N air filter on my 1986 Savage.  I have been pricing Harley mufflers and a custom shop suggested either a Poughco 1-3/4 ' muffler or a Ultimate either 1 3/4 " or 1 1/2" muffler which is 15" long.  He said that he would supply clamps that would work.  I have not taken off my muffler as yet to measure the diameter so don't know if these will fit.  The cost to me will be between $50.00 to $70.00.  
Any suggestions or support will be gratefully received.
DocNeedles

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: Muffler
Reply #1 - 10/24/07 at 19:14:39

With clamps is fair priced at 50. Any more than that you can bit on ebay for Sporter muff and get a pair for less than 50. I use HD sporter clamps (expensive--20 each but very beefy). Because I used the 7 in. extension pipe to direct the exhaust away from the rear brake arm so I needed 2 clamps.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Re: Muffler
Reply #2 - 10/25/07 at 19:41:37

I went to a local shop that sells and services harleys, high end choppers, and parts and accessories. I ask the service guy if they had any take-off mufflers and he said "sure what ya looking for" I told him maybe sportster or dyna muffler. He went over to some shelves in the back an came out with an almost new sportster muffler with a big fat stainless band clamp on it and said " will this work for ya?" Im like "hell yeah how much?" He says "you need a recepit?" I say "naaa", he says "how bout 10 bux?" needless to say I was on that like a fat kid on chocolate cake.

If you got any bike shop around your area you might give them a try, cant hurt to ask.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
73 CB125S (future cafe racer)
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:16:34