Send Topic Print
Carburetor cleanup (Read 3516 times)
jjthejetplane

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Carburetor cleanup
Reply #15 - 08/13/18 at 20:10:55

Hi all!
I know this is an outdated post and although i have cleaned my carb before, i have so much going on i rushed taking it apart. Now, i have a stupid question but it will keep me from making a stupid mistake.
The diaphragm in the top of the carburetor and the slider needle that goes into the semi circular plate with the 2 screws and spring....what is the order of assembly?
Right now I have needle, white washer ring, plate with knob facing down, screws, and spring. i don't see a second washer. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #16 - 08/13/18 at 20:32:29

From the bottom up--- spring,flat washer, circlip, white washer, plate with dimple down,  two small holding screws.
Just had mine apart a couple of days ago
There should be a small flat washer that sits on top of the spring

Hiko   IP Logged
SilliusSoddus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/11/19 at 08:00:19

I know this is an old thread but having just gone thru this, I thought this bit of advice was important enough to add here in case anybody else is using this thread as reference the future.

My advice is: before doing anything on this project, remove the battery and the battery housing (the metal box that surrounds the battery)!  I did not do this before removing the carb and I managed to get it out, but it was very difficult.  When it came time to put the carb back in place, though, I just could not do it.  Apparently it can be done but I found it impossible.  

Then I removed the battery and it's housing.  Oh my god, what a difference.  All of the sudden there is a way more space to maneuver.  I got the carb back in place in just a couple of minutes with minimal effort.  I really makes all the difference in the world.  I am positive it would have made a huge difference on removal as well. If I ever do this again, this will be the first step I do.  I am convinced this is the way it was meant to be done.

Removing the battery and housing is very easy to do as well.  You have to remove a few plates here and there before you can get to the 4 bolts holding the battery housing in place, but they're just simple bolts and screws.  It's basically just the process of taking the battery out to recharge it, plus those 4 bolts.  Altogether maybe 10 fasteners total to take off.  Can be done in 5 minutes or less.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 12:59:47

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Carburetor cleanup

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.