Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Built a set of bars (Read 13 times)
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Re: Built a set of bars
Reply #15 - 10/11/07 at 20:00:14

If you have read previously in the thread you know I was not really happy with the first set of struts. I have been working on some for the past 3 days. I have them completed. They even support my 220lbs self. so they will carry any girly that will want to ride.  Well heres a couple pics

97 savage: BOBJOB
  IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Reply #16 - 10/11/07 at 20:00:50

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #17 - 10/12/07 at 01:27:03

I Like that back end.
Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
NW-SAV
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/12/07 at 09:04:01

the fender look great

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #19 - 10/12/07 at 18:24:29

cFLOW wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:

If it ain't rubbin, you ain't tryin! I reckon that be about 3 red nano pubes clearance. Looks tight!  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Reply #20 - 10/12/07 at 20:17:44

Heres my latest creation, Tag/light bracket. I also finished my seat/seat bracket but have no pics yet  

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #21 - 10/14/07 at 21:28:21

Nice looking rear fender job. General layout of fender mounting is not unlike what I have in mind for the back of my 87. However, I'm considering using skirted "Indian" style fenders.This type mounting will allow for my big old solo sear to hang over the lower mounted fender. However, I'm thinking about a low frame-mounted rack behind the seat. Have to work out how low a rack can go with a fender that moves with the swing arm. Of course that partly depends on the length and travel of the rear shocks.

Your picture of the rolling chassis was very helpful to me though. I've been scratching my head for the longest time about the overall frame geometry, and how 'downhill' the whole frame backbone sits. Something about your picture finally unlocked a door for me: The swing arm mount should be lower on the frame, and perhaps the arm longer (requiring chain conversion).

Doing such may allow the Savage to be built into other types of bikes besides a low slung cruiser! I had been focusing on the neck/head and overall frame length. But moving the swing arm pivot might be the real key... maybe...

A new doorway opens, and more puzzles appear.

I know what I want for my birthday (in Nov.) this year: TIG/plasma welding/cutting gear. It has been many years, but I was pretty good with old stick, MIG and even gas welding cutting. Guess I'll need an old oxy/gas kit too for the old (1)H&BTF jobs.

1. H&BTF was an actual term found on blueprints in one portable oil drilling Mfg. shop I worked at. I'd never heard the term before. If is the acronym for Heat & Beat To Fit ~! Grin

IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Reply #22 - 10/22/07 at 16:45:57

Heres pretty how it will look when Im finished. Just have to wire it and finish the tank. The exhaust will be different but I am waiting to do that.(Scrambler style.)

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #23 - 10/22/07 at 16:55:59

Cflow that looks freakin awesome. So is the scrambler pipe your talking about going to be mounted high up ?

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Reply #24 - 10/22/07 at 18:01:16

Yep Similar to this bike ,but straight. .

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:23:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Built a set of bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.