Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wont accelate and pop after shutdown, just started (Read 6 times)
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
wont accelate and pop after shutdown, just started
09/25/07 at 21:45:29

Team,

Need your input. My 99 savage bobber just started acting up today for the first time in her life. Before I go thru the troubleshooting chart, I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone to save some time.  My bike has 4500 miles on it, iradium standard plug(about 3 months old), clean k and n filter, main at 150, half spacer, jardine.

The other day the bike started to pop after the engine was turned off(about 2 seconds latter) and it would pop only once. It does this off and on, hot or cold.

Today, again off and on, my bike has trouble accellatoring. It will pull like a bat out of hell one minute than it will not accellate. It will upshift fine and pull until it hits that spot. Idle is alittle off too (low then high)

The clamps and tight around the carb and all hoses look good. Full tank of fresh premium gas too.

Ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated

PS- I know that I should not have done it but I need pick up a Kikker 5150 hardknock(orderedan 07 2 weeks back). I just could not help myself.

Also, I have some pixs of the savage and my Honda mb5 on bike pics dot com

Any thoughts on the savage issue.

Thanks

Richie

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: wont accelate and pop after shutdown, just sta
Reply #1 - 09/26/07 at 01:18:28

I'd check the rubber between the carb & engine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/26/07 at 06:09:14

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 11:46:46 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #3 - 09/28/07 at 04:18:50

I had that problem last year out of nowhere when I was riding just before riding seasons end. I thought it was bad gasoline or the carb all winter and that I'd fix it in the spring. Well spring came along and after the carb checked out fine (and adding a k&n cone filter to add some H.P.) I found out the problem. CHECK THE SPARK PLUG WIRE TO MAKE SURE IT IS SNAPPED ONTO THE SPARK PLUG !!!!!!   Grin

It sounds like you have the same exact problem I was having one minute everything was fine the next you can have the throttle all the way back and you cant get any kind of acceleration but the engine will still "run"

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #4 - 09/28/07 at 10:07:06

Dr_Jim wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
EDIT - I see you've done the white spacer modification, if you don't both tighten and Loctite the two small screws that hold down the metal plate on top of the slide, they can vibrate loose and the slide will no longer raise.

PLEASE don't ask me HOW I know this ....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Jim

I'm glad I just read this! Good idea about the locktite.
If jet kit comes in i will finally get to work on my own carb.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:21:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wont accelate and pop after shutdown, just started

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.