Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For those about to bob ... (Read 16 times)
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
For those about to bob ...
09/26/07 at 06:03:18

I've seen some great pics here on this site of some bobbed Savages. (Sluggo, I'm lookin' at you, mate!)

Now, I've started down that road (or is it a slippery slope?) by buying a solo Savage seat (thanks, pbrownw) and ditching my stock S40 seat.

I'll have may questions, but my first one is this: Where have you bobbers stuffed the voltage regulator/rectifier that's bolted atop the rear fender?

There's not enough room under the solo seat, at least not without chipping away at the plastic air intake that's there.

I'm thinking I may have to lengthen some of the wires and stuff the thing into the toolkit compartment. Has anyone done that?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Re: For those about to bob ...
Reply #1 - 09/26/07 at 07:06:02

I put the ignitor (I think that's what it was- no coffee yet this morning) in the toolbox and the rest of it I mounted to a plate I manufactured out of 16 gauge SS and bolted in where the stock airbox used to be- using the stock fender mounting holes since my new rear fender is mounted on the swing arm.

Gotta love that run on sentence...  Tongue

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #2 - 09/26/07 at 07:19:10

many have put the regulator in the air box itself. I personally got rid of the air box first thing and replaced it with the cone style filter, but you can still mount the regulator on the fender where the air box used to be.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #3 - 09/26/07 at 07:59:57

Where ever you put it, remember that it gets hot sometimes. It is after alll basically a heat sink for when there's an excess of electrical generation. If I've got my data correct.

Jack

IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #4 - 09/26/07 at 09:04:50

All good suggestions. Thanks.

jkhulon73, would you want to show off your solution with a photo?

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 09/26/07 at 11:14:49

i put everything back where it was,  i've got a really good mounting method for a "strutless" fender

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/26/07 at 12:03:19

Spiff wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
All good suggestions. Thanks.

jkhulon73, would you want to show off your solution with a photo?

I can put a pict up later- right now I'm kinda... stretched out... with a cam chain issue. Tongue

IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #7 - 09/28/07 at 06:28:57

Sorry to hear about the cam chain issues, jkhulon73, so don't sweat getting a picture posted here if it's going to be a hassle.

Oh, and a hearty thanks to Jack_650 for the reminder that the rectifier gets hot sometimes. I'll definitely keep that in mind!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:23:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › For those about to bob ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.