Thumper on Tour (Read 115 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Thumper on Tour
Reply #90 - 09/25/07 at 12:52:40

FreeSpirit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
LoL....do you put food and water in the closet for them?

That's the only reason I dont have animals, I have no one to feed them while I'm gone Smiley

When the girls were smaller we would go camping for a week, taking the dogs but leaving everone else behind with a week's worth of food and water.  One cat got a LOT friendlier after being alone for a week.  Cats are very good for leaving behind for a week or so.  IMO, dogs are too attached to people to be left alone.

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #91 - 09/25/07 at 12:54:04

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
For the trip the only non-stock items were windshield, 140/90 rear tire, superbrace, rear lights, muffler, and luggage.

Fork Boot

Last night during my search of about 2000 website's for aftermarket Hwy bars for the Savage....I ran across this one website and their were Fork Boots for sale....they didnt look like anything on my MC,so I had no idea what they were....still don't Smiley
Then someone had said the S40 seat was wider than the Savage seat....dont know about that either....but I wondered if it would fit the Savage Smiley
Then I saw a site where some guy had put different shocks on his Savage....didnt know that was an option.

SO thought I'd see if you did Smiley

BTW,I did find where Highway Hawk does have Highway bars for the Savage,only problem is....nobody is selling them!(Well maybe in Germany or somewhere ,but none I can find in the U.S.)

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #92 - 09/25/07 at 13:15:04

When the girls were smaller we would go camping for a week, taking the dogs but leaving everone else behind with a week's worth of food and water.  One cat got a LOT friendlier after being alone for a week.  Cats are very good for leaving behind for a week or so.  IMO, dogs are too attached to people to be left alone.

Yes, dogs have seperation anxiety. That's the real reason why I can't have one.....was joking about the feeding part Smiley
But it's true about Cats,they dont care one way or another,they like their space. I have thought about getting a cat....they are much easier to take care of!And would keep mice away from my motorcycle Smiley You know,earn their keep  Grin

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #93 - 09/25/07 at 14:10:36

Not to mention that as you get older pain becomes a constant part of life so a little more doesn't matter as much.

Yeah, once you reach a certain age you realize that the next time you wake up and absolutely nothing hurts -- you'll be dead!  
Grin

Seriously though -- great ride and great reports & photos!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #94 - 09/25/07 at 15:16:59

Well,You know what they say "Laughter is good like medicine"

and today I have laughed so much I must be almost well"

(Lorrrrrdddd,I'm in a silly mood!)

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #95 - 09/25/07 at 15:17:14

Cats,they dont care one way or another,they like their space.

at this point in time my two tabbys live in a 700sq house, two bedroom, single bath.

we're staying at the mother inlaws house so the cats get our place to stay in.  we did bring the dogs.  cats just love the arrangement.  my wife stops by daily to feed them.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #96 - 09/25/07 at 15:24:17

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
at this point in time my two tabbys live in a 700sq house, two bedroom, single bath.

we're staying at the mother inlaws house so the cats get our place to stay in.  we did bring the dogs.  cats just love the arrangement.  my wife stops by daily to feed them.  

How big is your yard? Now, they'll want the yard also,...remember,plenty of space Smiley

Really cats are just little free spirits Smiley

Dogs just think they rule  Grin

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #97 - 09/25/07 at 16:08:57

I don't know how to take me today either Undecided

I think I'm just de-stressing....but I usually just take me one day at the time anyway.

I need to do like Paladin and just take off  Smiley But I dont know if I'd come back Grin

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #98 - 09/25/07 at 16:18:30

How big is your yard? Now, they'll want the yard also,...remember,plenty of space Smiley

Really cats are just little free spirits Smiley

Dogs just think they rule  Grin

the house sits on sixty acres.
they have unfettered access to the house.  they do have to jump a four foot fence to get in and out. the cuts down of the wild animal riff raff.  it does appear the chats have had some real wild parties inside.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #99 - 09/25/07 at 16:58:38

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
the house sits on sixty acres.
they have unfettered access to the house.  they do have to jump a four foot fence to get in and out. the cuts down of the wild animal riff raff.  it does appear the chats have had some real wild parties inside.

Well I'd say those are the happiest cat's around Smiley

Sounds like they have found the perfect house Smiley

One thing about cats, they don't stay if they're not happy.Sounds like they're going to be there a long time Smiley

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #100 - 09/25/07 at 18:29:38

Now,here is the shocks I was telling ya'll that the guy put on his Savage.
They were not from this store neccessarily,but they were this brand.(I just picked the first American Dealer/Store that I came to.)

http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/home.html

Would these work? Or if you could change them ,wouldnt it make a long trip better?!

On a UK site they had an example of what would fit what bike but not on all of them.You had to email them or call for specifics.
(Ya'll know I don't know alot about this but I'm hoping ya'll can tell  me more )

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #101 - 09/25/07 at 18:59:33

Now,here is the shocks I was telling ya'll that the guy put on his Savage.
They were not from this store neccessarily,but they were this brand.(I just picked the first American Dealer/Store that I came to.)

http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/home.html

Would these work? Or if you could change them ,wouldnt it make a long trip better?!

On a UK site they had an example of what would fit what bike but not on all of them.You had to email them or call for specifics.
(Ya'll know I don't know alot about this but I'm hoping ya'll can tell  me more )

I found a set of Progressive 418 shocks on ebay with less than 1000 miles on them for $125 incl shp...they retail for $450 +/-.  I like ebay.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #102 - 09/25/07 at 21:10:56

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I found a set of Progressive 418 shocks on ebay with less than 1000 miles on them for $125 incl shp...they retail for $450 +/-.  I like ebay.

Oh....the reason I put this here was I got, apparently the wrong idea,that you couldnt change the shocks!That none would fit the savage Embarrassed

But that was what I needed to know,that you can....Thanks  Smiley
Does yours ride alot better with different shocks?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #103 - 09/26/07 at 04:08:49

Motorcycles  shocks are made so you can carry two people i weight 165 so the rear shocks are always stiff i have new s40 i put on progressive 412-4233c on it . they are 11 inches instead of 10.5  .You get a little more travel and a better ride
. i like it a lot better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #104 - 09/26/07 at 05:42:01

Oh....the reason I put this here was I got, apparently the wrong idea,that you couldnt change the shocks!That none would fit the savage Embarrassed

But that was what I needed to know,that you can....Thanks  Smiley
Does yours ride alot better with different shocks?

Other than the stock units I have had a sportster 12" stock shock set (better than stock Savage but not great), a set of 11" Progressive 412's which made for a very smooth and comfortable ride.  They were used a bit but worked really well.  I was totally satisfied with these shocks when I happened to find the 418's on ebay...I had been looking for a set for over 6 months but the price would always go to high for my budget.  This time, for whatever reason, there just were not many people to bid on it (maybe because the auction did not end until 2am in the morning) so this time I was able to get them for just $125 incl shp.  And they were virtually new.  The guy owned a Harley, it fell over in the parking lot and scratched the top of one shock a little, so the insurance co replaced them for him, and at the time the shocks had less than 1000 miles on them...they looked brand new and I could hardly find the scratch on the one shock.
The 418's are more of a performance shock with adjustments for preload and rebound.  It is a great shock.

One of the really good things about Progressive shocks is that you can make any shock they make to fit the Savage by simply buying a little pkg of metric mount inserts from them for about $12.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:23:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thumper on Tour

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.