Send Topic Print
Petcock left on prime (Read 5 times)
Aviler

American Rebel
Dragon Pirate

McPherson, KS
Petcock left on prime
09/27/07 at 14:19:47

Well, I'm back, after a bit over a year of absence. I (eventually) got my generator cover replaced (thank you for the part, Lancer), rode again for a while, then had an electrical problem that involved having to remove the gas tank.

I switched the petcock to prime to drain it, and then when I put gas back in it (this past Sunday), it was still on prime. I just now noticed this. So, after 4-5 days of draining, I'm sure I've fouled something or other up. Seems to be a habit of mine Smiley

So, the question is, what am I needing to look for or do to make sure there are no problems or to correct any problems this might have caused? I saw something about the fuel backing up and fouling the oil, so an oil and filter change at the least?

Thanks for your help, guys and gals. Talk to you later.

'96 maroon, 1.625
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Petcock left on prime
Reply #1 - 09/27/07 at 15:43:46

Is the oil overfull & smelling of gas? Check the fluid level in the carb bowl, tube on drain, hold to side of carb, lower end of tube, where gas starts to drip is fluid level in bowl. IF it is at a right level, then I would say no harm done .
IF gas is in the oil, then likely the bowl needle & o ring need replaced.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:32:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Petcock left on prime

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.