IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Thumper on Tour
Reply #31 - 09/16/07 at 18:15:32

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
US 60 sounds like a plan.  Right now I'm sitting in a roadside rest in Texas -- they have free pitiful-Speed Internet Wi-Fi in the middle of nowhere!  Will spend the night in Amarillo, go check out the Quarterhorse museum 9am - noon, then head toward Clovis.  106 miles . . . should be coming in about 2:20 pm tomorrow.

Dang, I'll be at work at that time. Let's see here. I am the security officer at the North Plains Mall in Clovis, stop by, you shouldn't be able to miss me as I'll be the only one in a security uniform. (It's a very small mall)

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #32 - 09/16/07 at 20:15:22

Mrs._Paladin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Don't forget to bring me a Quarter Horse.  Grin

You'll need to go in with three buddies if you only want a quarter horse!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #33 - 09/17/07 at 09:09:58

I figure a quarter horse is like a quarter beef, a half of a side of beef.  All I need to know is if she wants a front quarter or a rear quarter.  ('tho I have picked up three horses so far this trip.)

Anyhow, It's 11:15, I'm on the southern outskirts of Amarillo at a McDonalds on US-60.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #34 - 09/17/07 at 09:23:06

whats she want quarter horse and 3 /4 mule

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #35 - 09/17/07 at 16:20:42

She can have anything she wants.  She takes care of me.  Before this trip she added RV/Motorcycle coverage and me to her AAA service.

As I was sitting in the McDonalds I guy came up and said "You left your headlight on!"  Yep, Dead Battery.   Called AAA, guy was out to give me a jump.
So much for an earlier start.

Met YonuhAdisi:

Couldn't chat long, some people have to work, others have to ride.  There was a weather front moving west to east as I was moving east to west, got soaked.  Still beats being in a cage.  Only did 166 miles today -- Amarillo to Fort Summer NM, home of Billy the Kid.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #36 - 09/17/07 at 16:36:06

Now that we know what you really look like there is no hiding any more.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #37 - 09/17/07 at 16:48:01

bill67 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
whats she want quarter horse and 3 /4 mule

she's already got the three quarter mule now she just need the quarter horse.  that way they all come home as one.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
KenGLong
Alliance Member

2002 Savage

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #38 - 09/17/07 at 17:42:13

Gas stations get a bit thin once you get west of I-25 on US-60. I know there's gas in Socorro and Magdelena and again in Springerville, AZ. I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Datil. Although I can't be sure, there might be something in Pie Town and Quemado. I know there's a station in Reserve which is to the south of Quemado on NM-12 (beautiful country around Reserve!). It's about 130 miles from Magdelena to Springerville or about 100 miles from Magdelena to Reserve then another 65 to Springerville.

The Very Large Array is on US-60 between Magdelena and Datil. You can ride in and park and do a self-guided walking tour of the place. Pretty neat.

Ken

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #39 - 09/17/07 at 18:25:54

Enjoy your ride, I wish I was doing it too
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Mrs._Paladin
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 09/17/07 at 20:06:51

You look like you got a nice sunburn.  And it looks like having the RV/Motorcycle added to the AAA card just paid off.  Smiley

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #41 - 09/17/07 at 20:47:34

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
She can have anything she wants.  She takes care of me.  Before this trip she added RV/Motorcycle coverage and me to her AAA service.

As I was sitting in the McDonalds I guy came up and said "You left your headlight on!"  Yep, Dead Battery.   Called AAA, guy was out to give me a jump.
So much for an earlier start.

Met YonuhAdisi:
http://paladin.savageriders.com/LA-OKC/Paladin-YonuhAdisi.jpg

Couldn't chat long, some people have to work, others have to ride.  There was a weather front moving west to east as I was moving east to west, got soaked.  Still beats being in a cage.  Only did 166 miles today -- Amarillo to Fort Summer NM, home of Billy the Kid.

I was doing an outside round when I saw Thumper all loaded down and said to myself. "That's Paladin's ride." So I parked the security cart (you can see it on the left behind Paladin) and went to look for him. We met as I was coming in and he was going out.

Paladin, I told you it was a very small mall.  Grin

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #42 - 09/18/07 at 00:24:46

Grin Glad to see you're having a good trip there my friend! Wish I were Riding along with you!
Stay Safe!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #43 - 09/18/07 at 07:00:22

Mrs._Paladin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
You look like you got a nice sunburn.  And it looks like having the RV/Motorcycle added to the AAA card just paid off.  Smiley

I've been good about the SPF 30 sunblock -- but blocking UV rays does not stop windburn.  While the sindscreen keeps most of the wind off, it does not stop it entirely.  Especially when there is a heavy crosswind.

Just about ready to leave -- there's supposed to be a restaurant in the next town that might be open for breakfast.  The Motel had free coffee and some of those pitiful store pastries that have been sealed in cellophane for a decade.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #44 - 09/19/07 at 07:22:12

Yesterday was a extremely relaxing ride on US-60.  Relaxing in that the traffic can be measured in miles per vehicle rather than vehicles per mile.  Putting along at 45-50 mph saw antelope, mostly dead towns.  Saw a rancher riding along the fence, checking for breaks -- and his horse spooked by Thumper.  I know a horse used to ride along the highway has heard motorcycles before, but the beat of the single may have been different enough.  Later on I saw a small group of cowboys herding cows through a gate:

Traveling on, climbing up to the Plains of San Agustin, west of Socorro, New Mexico, 6970 feet above sea level, I stumbled across the Very Large Array:

Dropping down into the west I pass the next to last State Line:

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:24:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thumper on Tour

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.