easiest mods to perform (Read 30 times)
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: easiest mods to perform
Reply #30 - 09/13/07 at 17:58:33

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
While not tunable like the Supertrapp, I have been very satisfied with my MAC and it costs about half what the Supertrapp does.  The sound is good and it's an easy install.

So you dont have to change anything to put this one on? I do like the sound of it.

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: easiest mods to perform
Reply #31 - 09/14/07 at 11:04:06

FreeSpirit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
So you dont have to change anything to put this one on? I do like the sound of it.

It is a free-flowing muffler, which will make your bike run leaner.  That means you'll need to rejet and readjust the carb.  Basically, if you swap to a #152.5 main jet and then readjust following Lancer's Straight & Simple Carb Tuning procedure in the Tech Ref forum, you should be good.  You'll then have more power too.  As I've said before, make sure you replace your exhaust gaskets as exhaust leaks will cause backfires too.  There are few mufflers you won't need to rejet for.  In general, if you don't need to rejet, you'll gain no performance with that muffler.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 19:25:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › easiest mods to perform

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.