Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bleeping Blinker: update (Read 6 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Bleeping Blinker: update
09/07/07 at 09:10:19

My install instructions got moved to Tech Section, where this might get overlooked.
Anything I find out I will post here, and on the instructions.
The 75db buzzer that I got was not effective in the "above the toolbox" location.
I just moved it to the upper triple T and will see how it does there.  If that doesn't work, I'll need a louder buzzer.  I will let ya'll know.

What it comes down to is "what is effective?"  Factors:
How big is the buzzer?
Where do you want to mount it?
How loud do you want it?  (How good is your hearing? Do you wear earplugs?  Is your exhaust system really loud? What kind (if any) helmet?, etc, etc, etc)

I was going to wait until I highway tested the new mounting before posting this, but I didn't want anyone getting a buzzer that wasn't loud enough

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Bleeping Blinker: update
Reply #1 - 09/07/07 at 10:30:42

I ordered the blinker beeper from JC whitney, I'll let you know how loud it is after Ive installed it.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Bleeping Blinker: update
Reply #2 - 09/07/07 at 10:40:02

youzguyz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I was going to wait until I highway tested the new mounting before posting this, but I didn't want anyone getting a buzzer that wasn't loud enough

Did an R & D lunch run up and down the super slab.
I use an FF helmet (shield cracked open 1 notch), no earplugs, Sportster muffler.  My hearing is ok (for an old man).
With the 75db buzzer:
The best place I found for the buzzer was on the fork tube of the frame just under the upper triple T.
This location puts it vertical and under cover so water won't be as prone to get inside.. and it is black on black so not very noticeable.
It is barely audible at 55mph.  Faster than that, can't hear it.. so I'll be keeping my LED arrays as a reminder.
VERY audible on city streets though, so I wouldn't want use a louder buzzer at that location.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:24:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bleeping Blinker: update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.