Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front Brake Lever adjustment (Read 21 times)
vinpub
Ex Member

Front Brake Lever adjustment
09/02/07 at 01:02:44

I just gor a LS650. It is my firts bike and I am just learning to ride. It is used with ~950 miles. I think most of the contols like clutch lever, gear shift, rear brake pedal etc work fine for me. But the front brake lever is a little too low in front of the throttle and not easily accesible like clutch lever which is flat across and can be reaced easily. I was looking for the clamps that fix the front brake lever assembly to the handlebar but couldn't figure out. I dont have the repair/service manual. Can somone help me with (1) how do I raise the brake lever assembly to come up flat across the throttle (or is it deliberately lower than the clutch lever set up)? and (2) where do I get the manual, is there one accesible on the internet somewhere?
Thank you for your help.

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: Front Brake Lever adjustment
Reply #1 - 09/02/07 at 04:13:17

Brake lever is removeable--adjustable--not sure exactly how myself. There is a downloadable manual in the Tech section of this forum. It's 11 megabytes. It's in PDF format. (Adobe Acrobat Reader) Hope you have a broadband internet connection. Good luck and welcome to the Savage world.

IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/02/07 at 06:28:48

Not knowing what year your bike is (or if it's even different from an '87) I'll show you where it's at on mine- back side of the lever assembly, where the mirror stalk  attaches. Two allen bolts, size... 5.

Loosen those two bolts and you should be able to rotate the assembly around the handlebars to what ever is comfortable for you.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #3 - 09/02/07 at 06:34:50

Above is correct the bolts still may have the chrome covers on them that is why you can't find them.just take a tiny flatblade screwdriver and pry them out.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
vinpub
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/02/07 at 09:03:27

My LS650 is 2007.
Thanks for the replies. I'll try it out today. I am assuming that the chrome caps are either reusable or replaceable.
Can someone send me the link for the service/repaiir  maual in technical document section? Couldnt find it in the section. Or send me the pdf?
Thank you again for your help and will post once I get done.
Thank you for your support.

IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #5 - 09/02/07 at 10:12:32

This is the link to the owners manual.

http://home.comcast.net/~kenglong/2002_Suzuki_Savage_LS650P_Owners_Manual.pdf

I am not sure if this will have the information you are looking for but the information and picture that jkhulon73 sent along should be  more then sufficient. If you don't have one I suggest you get a Cylmers manual. They can be had on eBay for a few bucks and are well worth the money.

~Strafford_Guy~

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
vinpub
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/07 at 00:22:55

Done it. Removed the chrome caps, loosed the screws, adjusted the lever and put the caps back on. Feel a lot better doing it myslef.
Thank you for the help and Pictures. Worked perfect.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 14:56:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Brake Lever adjustment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.