Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What does 1.5 turn out mean? (Read 27 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: What does 1.5 turn out mean?
Reply #30 - 09/03/07 at 23:10:37

Will do, have a good digital camera!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #31 - 09/04/07 at 11:58:06

I strongly second the recommendation to replace your pilot jet.

The brass used in their manufacture is pretty soft and its really easy to booger them up, especially if you're not paying attention or using the wrong sized screwdriver.

That said, I went up a 55 pilot (up from the stock 52.5) and also did the half-white spacer mod.

Like yours, my bike had to ridden with the choke partially engaged, especially when cold.  That went away after I did the spacer mod then I completely eliminated the low-throttle surging as well as most of the backfiring by swapping to a larger pilot jet.

Compared to the other things you've already done, changing the carb jetting will be a piece of cake!

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #32 - 09/04/07 at 12:03:55

I'd like to get ahead of the game and maybe order some parts ahead of time. Are there any parts you can think of that are usual to replace? I'll get the 55 pilot, but ye think a new diaphragm would be good? I figure I can always return items if not needed, that way my bike won't be out of commission for too long.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #33 - 09/04/07 at 17:13:34

Hopefully you will not need a new diaphram because that thing costs about as much as a brand new performance carb.  Fortunately, it is usually still usable.
When I have more time I will suggest some parts you might want to get but right now my time is short.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:24:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What does 1.5 turn out mean?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.