Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dual carbs for the Savage? (Read 21 times)
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Dual carbs for the Savage?
Reply #15 - 08/29/07 at 21:48:22

That goal fits with what I know, longer intake and exhaust usually improve torque and short intake and exhaust helps with high RPM HP. All general use engines/vehicles are a compromise based on what the engineers think ? the end user wants or sales think they can sell.  I personally like the idea of increased torque and pulling power from off idle to 5-6K RPM, not to interested in making it turn 9000 RPM. You get a lot of noise and in your dreams HP,  with open intake and exhausts.  Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #16 - 08/30/07 at 05:39:53

Wouldn't mind seeing a throttle body Fuel injection system.......with electroincs you could tweak for the best of both worlds.....

Maybe something for Suzuki to consider for the 2009 thumper.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #17 - 09/01/07 at 14:27:15

For Mornhm - Right you are regarding twin carbs on the old British cars.  I had a 1959 Bug Eyed Sprite with twin side draft SU carbs.  Got pretty good at balancing the carbs by listening to the whistle of each carb through a rubber tube held up to my ear.  Didn't do much for my hearing, but the Bug Eye ran like a rabbit!

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #18 - 09/01/07 at 16:49:52

And I still have one of the synchronization tools I used to use on Corvairs and those dual SU brit and Volvo's. I used it to verify the factory setting was correct on my Kawasaki MULE 1000 UTV that uses twin single carbs, one for each cylinder. Why is beyond me other than I believe the engine is an adapted Kaw 454 LTD unit and that is the way it came. And I even picked up an old dwell meter at a garage sale last year, just to hav one incase I needed it. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:26:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dual carbs for the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.