Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front Fender move (Read 12 times)
NDBiker

Columbus, Ohio
Front Fender move
08/28/07 at 17:55:18

So, I was wondeirng if anyone has atempted to rotate there front fender back?  Putting it slightly behind the wheel, exposing more of the top.

My motorcycle gets better gas mileage than your hybrid.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Front Fender move
Reply #1 - 08/28/07 at 18:36:51

Nope...can't move the bolt holes...be good if you though.  As it is, it's almost useless in the rain.  If you do it, I wanna' see the finished product.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 08/29/07 at 10:31:55

Serowbot wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Nope...can't move the bolt holes...be good if you though.  As it is, it's almost useless in the rain.  If you do it, I wanna' see the finished product.

You can get a pair of hard rubber mud flaps at JCWhitney for something like $3 or $4.  Greg_650 posted about them a few years ago and I've got the front flap on mine.  I'll install the rear flap one of these days.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 08/29/07 at 11:59:05

Serowbot wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:

I found that I got wet mostly from the water wicking off the forks and not from the tire itself. Would soak my legs from the knees on down.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
NDBiker

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - 08/29/07 at 18:49:21

With those flaps do you have to drill holes in the fender?  That is my biggest concern.  I was thinking if I can find someone to fabricate an attachment that wouldn't look too out of place for me to atach it between my fender and fork.  Also I kinda want the look. Grin

My motorcycle gets better gas mileage than your hybrid.
  IP Logged
Bugscraper
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/29/07 at 18:59:59

The 800 or 1400 Intruder fender would look good.    Wonder if it'll fit?

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #6 - 08/29/07 at 21:01:52

NDBiker wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
So, I was wondeirng if anyone has atempted to rotate there front fender back?  Putting it slightly behind the wheel, exposing more of the top.

If you want to expose more of the top for looks, cut the front of the fender into a nice point/peak >
Easily done with a cutoff 4 to 5" wheel.
For less splashback, put a small mudflap on the bottom.
FYI
IKe
Grin

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 08/30/07 at 00:50:18

Have always thought that the LS's front fender had too much "side" on it ... never liked the way the sheet metal flares out ahead and behind the mounting flanges ... if these side pieces were taken away exposing more of the tires sidewall (a la Sportster fender), it would look waaaay better IMHO Grin

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 08/31/07 at 04:54:30

NDBiker wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
With those flaps do you have to drill holes in the fender?  That is my biggest concern.  I was thinking if I can find someone to fabricate an attachment that wouldn't look too out of place for me to atach it between my fender and fork.  Also I kinda want the look. Grin

Yes, you drill the fender.  At least I did and that's the intended mounting.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
franch

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 08/31/07 at 08:57:57

i too got the mudflaps from jcwhitney but i used the larger flap intended for the rear on the front fender.
definitely keeps alot of roadgrime off the engine. in fact last time i changed the plug there was no need to even blow out any grit with an air compressor. the mud flap does that well !
as for rain forget it, you get soaked like someone said from the knees down due to water splashing off of the forks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 08/31/07 at 11:23:25

franch wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
i too got the mudflaps from jcwhitney but i used the larger flap intended for the rear on the front fender.
definitely keeps alot of roadgrime off the engine. in fact last time i changed the plug there was no need to even blow out any grit with an air compressor. the mud flap does that well !
as for rain forget it, you get soaked like someone said from the knees down due to water splashing off of the forks

I used the front flap on the front fender with the same results as you.  In water, I get wet.  However, it does considerably cut down on road grime on the engine and I'll take that.

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 09/01/07 at 12:22:03

Intruder fenders have angled bolt holes... Savage has straight bolt holes. And the spacing is diffeent widths. Can you make it fit? Sure, but get a fiberglass one if you can find one (Cobra Boulevard series or similar).

There are older UJM "chrome" front fenders with the same bolt spacing and a slimmer side profile...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:21:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Fender move

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!