Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do all Saddle bags need Mounts? (Read 27 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Do all Saddle bags need Mounts?
Reply #15 - 08/26/07 at 11:53:25

Thanks ALfromN.H. and skatnbnc. Looks great!
I guess the is no reason why I can't do something similar but further apart is there? Maybe use a longer extending bracket? People here barely see me as is, even with bright colored clothes.  I want to make doubly sure they see my turn signal, and on which side it is blinking! I think Hawaii is the only state where you are allowed to pass on the right of the vehicle on a regular road by using the shoulder or any other space that's available. I want to make sure they can see I'm turning right and not left and then end up getting swiped!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 08/26/07 at 11:57:28

FreeSpirit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Are all bags like this....snap together?
Smiley

Mine actually tie together!
Right now though, cause I did not want all that weight on my voltage regulator, I ended up modifying the strap over the back. I cut it so not it goes around the regulator instead of being draped over it. Groceries can get pretty heavy!
I am not able to remove my bags like yours, with a zipper. Well that's what you get for $40.00 bags. Bet yours where a tad more expensive.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #17 - 08/26/07 at 12:01:39

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I don't know the name for this gadget, but it's just a teardrop shaped clip that opens up on the wide side. The bottom (narrow side) I have attached to the loop on the saddlebag, and the top part of the clip that has like a spring lock, I just clip on the guard. Really quick and easy to take release now in case I need to get to the seat bolts.

Starts with a C....arrggg its in my head and can't get out!
CARBINER! thats it!

Can you tell its raining here so I am not out riding?
Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #18 - 08/26/07 at 13:15:16

Sorry,Trying to ask all my questions in one post Smiley

Where is the voltage regulator? All I have is the owners manual and I swear I cant find that anywhere in there.

I think I need more than the owners manual....any suggestions? A service manual for the Savage?

You put your bags on top of the pillion? With just the strap attached to the frame? They dont slide or move?
That would work for me if they stay on good,do they?

Oh....and the cost of mine....they were "used" ,that's why just temporary,I'm going to get ones I like better eventually Smiley(already have them picked out) Although if these serve the purpose,may keep awhile....the zip off(part) of the bags are nice.I didnt pay full price though,so fairly inexpensive Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #19 - 08/26/07 at 17:29:21

You need the Clymers manual for Suzuki LS650 Savage and get the one that covers your bikes year.

I have a 2006, but the manual I use is 1986-2004 and it works fine.  Check Amazon and ebay for good price deals. Once you get the manual, combine it with this forum and you will have ALL the answers!  Grin

Yes, my bags tie together on top, and they sit on TOP of the pillion seat. They are heavy leather, with nylon straps to hold them on the sides.  
Once my laptop, purse and other stuff is loaded to go to the office, they don't move an inch.

I've toted groceries galore in them, no trouble. On occasion I even add a 20lb bag of dog food to the pillion when the bags are full. Good little workhorse, this Suzuki.

And the price does not matter on the gear you get - if it's functional and safe, it's worth however much you did or did not pay for it.  With a bike like this that you can fix or mod yourself, lots of people enjoy the hunt for good deals as much as the results!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #20 - 08/26/07 at 18:26:12

FreeSpirit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Sorry,Trying to ask all my questions in one post Smiley
Where is the voltage regulator? All I have is the owners manual and I swear I cant find that anywhere in there.

I think I need more than the owners manual....any suggestions? A service manual for the Savage?

Mine is under the pillion (sorry but that's a weird name!) that's why I had to modify the strap that ties the bags together.
By the way, here is where I got my manual, cheaper then anywhere else I found.
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/suzlssav19.html
And they ship superfast! had mine in 4 days.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #21 - 08/26/07 at 18:28:06

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Starts with a C....arrggg its in my head and can't get out!
CARBINER! thats it!

Can you tell its raining here so I am not out riding?
Wink

Yep that 's the one!
Except that It is a smaller version then the ones the climbers use (a lot smaller!) Wink
Yeah I was wondering about that (the not riding part).
I took a short hour ride this morning, I promised myself I would do the laundry and dishes. Next weekend is the fork oil change so I wanted to get some cruising in.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #22 - 08/26/07 at 18:50:24

Thanks guys for all the help.....and I will get the Clymers manual.... I'm sure it will cut down on my frustration level big time Smiley

I'm going to put the s.bags over the pillion for now (and yes where did that name come from Smiley and tie  them down....it will be so nice to finally have saddle bags!!

Thanks again Smiley Don't know what I'd do without ya'll !!

Oh,I tried to start my MC today and forgot about the kickstand.....I think I ran my battery down(after 3-4 trys)....will it possibly start tomorrow? or do I need a new post on this? I tried to check battery level and I cant even see it through the window!! All I see is a battery sticker showing.

IP Logged
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Reply #23 - 08/27/07 at 10:58:46

Thanks ALfromN.H. and skatnbnc. Looks great!
I guess the is no reason why I can't do something similar but further apart is there? Maybe use a longer extending bracket? People here barely see me as is, even with bright colored clothes.  I want to make doubly sure they see my turn signal, and on which side it is blinking! I think Hawaii is the only state where you are allowed to pass on the right of the vehicle on a regular road by using the shoulder or any other space that's available. I want to make sure they can see I'm turning right and not left and then end up getting swiped!

IslandW - How bout this one at the link below:

This is exactly where my 06 headed as far as mods go this winter.  When the snow flies...... 17 inch Memphis Fats Wind Shield, Sissy Bar, Pad & Luggage Rack - 17" Saddlebags for my laptop, muffler swap, fork brace, the list keeps going and going and going, just like the energizer bunny!

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #24 - 08/27/07 at 11:16:06

Now you're talking!
I love the way those turn signals look!
s soon as I have some extra time on hand I'll look into changing the way mine are. Fortunately it too hot here for the windshield thing! I have to ride with my jacket open just to cool off!
Wouldn't it be nice if they had something legal that could change us into energizer bunnies!! Keeping up the energy level is a tough one!!

IP Logged
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Reply #25 - 08/27/07 at 11:33:54

Wouldn't it be nice if they had something legal that could change us into energizer bunnies!! Keeping up the energy level is a tough one!!

I like the way you think  Grin

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #26 - 08/27/07 at 18:25:32

Main Entry: 1pil·lion
Pronunciation: 'pil-y&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Scottish Gaelic or Irish; Scottish Gaelic pillean, diminutive of peall covering, couch; Irish pillín, diminutive of peall covering, couch
1 a : a light saddle for women consisting chiefly of a cushion b : a pad or cushion put on behind a man's saddle chiefly for a woman to ride on
2 chiefly British : a motorcycle or bicycle saddle for a passenger

~Starlifter

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #27 - 08/28/07 at 19:13:39

Starlifter,

Thanks.....no wonder it sounds strange.....its not an original american word Smiley

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #28 - 08/29/07 at 01:33:32

Starlifter wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Main Entry: 1pil·lion
Pronunciation: 'pil-y&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Scottish Gaelic or Irish; Scottish Gaelic pillean, diminutive of peall covering, couch; Irish pillín, diminutive of peall covering, couch
1 a : a light saddle for women consisting chiefly of a cushion b : a pad or cushion put on behind a man's saddle chiefly for a woman to ride on
2 chiefly British : a motorcycle or bicycle saddle for a passenger

~Starlifter

I don't think you could have been more informative than that!!
You know, I've always wondered why women were given pillows or cushions or pillions if in reality women (most of the time) have a bigger but. Don't you think that's weird?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:32:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Do all Saddle bags need Mounts?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.