Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have a strange request (Read 8 times)
Valleycat
YaBB Newbies

Peoria, AZ
I have a strange request
08/20/07 at 12:41:10

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name Jim and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I've been reading this board for well over a year(since I bought my '98 Savage) but just registered recently.

Here's my problem. I'm going on vacation to the Red Woods in a few days with my bikes. Today, I just noticed the clutch cable is coming apart on the Savage. Not a big deal but nobody in the PHX area has one in stock. The fastest anyone can get it is 4-7 days. I'll be gone by then. I'm going to be in northern CA Friday morning. I'll be on the I-5 or 99 to Sac. then up to Redding and over to the coast.

Are there any northern CA Savage riders on here that know of any Suzuki shops along my route that I could try to get a clutch cable from on the way? Or a parts source that would overnight a cable to me? Any other solutions are welcome as well.

Thanks for any help you can give. This is a great web site with lots of info. It's helped me a bunch.

If you like to dress up in your leather Village People outfit and stand around at your local bar, this bike is perfect for you.
- HD Fatboy ad on PHX Craigslist
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
The Internet is your Friend
Reply #1 - 08/20/07 at 13:30:12

Go to the Suzuki Dealer Locator:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/DealerLocator/

Plug in cities along your route.  Give each a call, ask for parts, ask if they have the cable in stock.  Pick one close to your route and go get it.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:22:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I have a strange request

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.