Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replacement battery question (Read 6 times)
gjp
Ex Member

Replacement battery question
08/16/07 at 21:14:07

Hope someone can help...

My wife has a 2000 Suzuki Savage LS650. Unfortunately the battery died a while ago, and now that we've moved to Hawaii, we'd like to get out and ride. Ordered a replacement battery from the store, but trying to slide the battery into the battery compartment doesn't work.

There's a bracket on the closed end of the compartment which is elevated in the center and provides adequate clearance, but the front and back of the battery butts up against this bracket, preventing the battery from seating all the way in. I'd say the replacement battery was the wrong model, but it's also the one that comes up in web searches as the correct model. The battery box says it replaces "B14L-A2" and "YTX14AHL-BS" and it's a sealed battery. The old battery, which was also a replacement from a few years ago wasn't sealed, and fit the compartment with room to spare.

Anyone have any ideas?

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: Replacement battery question
Reply #1 - 08/17/07 at 04:41:13

Check your part # again. I just bought an "Xtreme" sealed battery from Batteries Plus--part # is XTA14AHL-BS. Mine fits in there just fine. Hope this helps.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #2 - 08/17/07 at 12:35:59

The new battery should be better than the stock.
Stock the bike comes with a regular /white/ cheap battery. Any sealed/black/ battery that has the same dimensions and has the "L" in the number, which is the way "+" and "-" are, will be better.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
gjp
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/17/07 at 21:00:27

Thanks for the replies.

After talking with a guy from the local shop who was stumped as well, I measured the dimensions of the housing and the battery pretty precisely and found the battery was exactly as tall as the housing.

Fortunately I remembered where I put the hammer and the prybar while unpacking and managed in short order to get the battery to seat properly.  

Hopefully we'll buy my wife a new bike before this battery dies and I have to figure out how to get the battery out...  Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:24:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement battery question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.