Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41249 times)
blues40
YaBB Newbies

Doyline, Louisiana
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #90 - 02/24/08 at 06:10:22

Hello,  all.  My wife and I joined the Savage club, when at 46 she decided that she wanted to ride herself, been my pillion forever.  Jean took the MSF course on a NightHawk 250, only dropped it twice, ha.

She loved the Ninja 250, but I talked her out of it for the more upright/cruiser S40 with great forum on repairs/mods and stuff.  I love to tinker and do all my own work on my bikes.  

We sold a 1999 FXDX 95" TW37 cam, ... ... yada yada, moved to a 07 BMW K1200GT, great bike and excellant for running 2up a distance.  I later picked up a Versys 650 to play on, and maybe do Atlaska.

Bought the S40 for Jean and gave her the key on her birthday, then I picked it up and rode home (about 40 miles).  Way underpowered and tight, I tore it up immediately to put in the needle mod and rejet.  Saved,  it runs like a freight train now,  and very responsive to throttle, many thanks to this forum and the info to GETRDONE!

My first bike
  IP Logged
divlji pas
YaBB Newbies

Sorry for my bad
english - I'm from
Germany ;-)

Duesseldorf, Germany
Reply #91 - 02/29/08 at 00:14:08

Hello,

my Real name ist Sven and I'm from Germany. I'll try to introduce myselfe.

So, I'm 33 years old, maried and having two daugthers.

I ride a '96 yellow Savage in nearly original german outfit, witch means that here in gemany you are not alowed to ride loud pipes, must have special tyres, the fenders have to be in the right size and so on.

In germany I'm active in the german Savage forum.

@sunny: We know us form "Freudenberg 2007"  Wink

@all: please don't hesitate to keep my faulty engish for your selfe  Wink

kind regards

Sven "divlji pas" Kleine

p.s.: divlji pas is kroatian and means wild dog according to wild hog

What Bablefish does:
Original german:
Achtung! Hier nur im Schrittempo denken.
Bablefish:
Note! Here only in the Schrittempo think.
Meaning:
Note! You have to think at walking speed here.
WWW divlji pas furtzkugel   IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #92 - 02/29/08 at 05:22:53

Sven
Welcome to the Savage family. No matter where we live we all have one thing in common, it's the SAVAGE under us. Where I live in the US[state  of Pennsylvania]  it is finally starting to warm up.Soon the bikes will start to roar and people will again enjoy showing off their machines. Keep us posted about yourself,family and your adventures on the bike. Ride SAFE, ride PROUD,and enjoy life.

Jimmer

IP Logged
divlji pas
YaBB Newbies

Sorry for my bad
english - I'm from
Germany ;-)

Duesseldorf, Germany
Reply #93 - 02/29/08 at 12:10:12

Well, here in the middlewest of germany in February we should have minus degrees, but now we have +10° or 12°C (50° - 54°F). So if it isn't raining we'll ride our Bikes...

What Bablefish does:
Original german:
Bablefish:
Meaning:
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #94 - 02/29/08 at 12:17:18

divlji pas wrote on 02/29/08 at 00:14:08:
Hello,

my Real name ist Sven and I'm from Germany. I'll try to introduce myselfe.

So, I'm 33 years old, maried and having two daugthers.

I ride a '96 yellow Savage in nearly original german outfit, witch means that here in gemany you are not alowed to ride loud pipes, must have special tyres, the fenders have to be in the right size and so on.

In germany I'm active in the german Savage forum.

@sunny: We know us form "Freudenberg 2007"  Wink

@all: please don't hesitate to keep my faulty engish for your selfe  Wink

kind regards

Sven "divlji pas" Kleine

p.s.: divlji pas is kroatian and means wild dog according to wild hog

hallo divlji!!! i did recognize your name!

wie gehts?

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
divlji pas
YaBB Newbies

Sorry for my bad
english - I'm from
Germany ;-)

Duesseldorf, Germany
Reply #95 - 03/02/08 at 01:19:04

Gut, danke  Wink

I'm fine, but ich have to work this weekend Sad I'm on late shift so i went to work at 1pm and back at 11pm so this is a very nice weekend Grin

How are you?

What Bablefish does:
Original german:
Bablefish:
Meaning:
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #96 - 03/02/08 at 10:37:24

divlji pas wrote on 03/02/08 at 01:19:04:
Gut, danke  Wink

I'm fine, but ich have to work this weekend Sad I'm on late shift so i went to work at 1pm and back at 11pm so this is a very nice weekend Grin

How are you?

mir gehts gut.
the weather in texas is crazy. first we have very warm, then very cold, then warm again. always warm when i have much to do. always cold when i want to fix the motorcycle.  Angry

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #97 - 03/02/08 at 13:16:29

I've been posting and lurking for a while, so I suppose I should introduce myself:

Hello, my name is Jim,  
I've owned "the machine" for about 3 years.  Prior to this bike, I haven't ridden since the early 80's. In 1978 I had a Honda CB550, followed by a Kawasaki Z1 900, then a "race ready" KZ1000 with a wheelie bar (illegal in my state). I never wore a helmet.  The KZ1000 was impounded by local law enforcement, and  they did me a big favour.

Why a Savage?

Well, I was looking for an economical way to get around. Primarily to commute to the bike trail where I can unfold my folding bicycle and peddle to work. The Ford F150 I had at the time was too expensive to operate as a commuter, so what about a small commuter vehicle?  I first looked at the 150-250cc scooters. Very cool looking, but expensive and not very  gutsy. The scooters have only one cylinder, and I liked the idea of fewer places for things to go wrong, so I started looking at MCs with 1 cyclinder.

All single cyclinder MC paths lead to these choices: Buell Blast, KLR 650, DR650, Royal Enfield 500 and the LS 650.  

I like all of these thumpers, but I know that if I am going to be able to afford a MC, then I'm going to have to wrench it myself.

I started researching repair, maintenance and parts availabiliy of these bikes. Royal Enfield was quickly eliminated, the KLR shorly after that. The DR650 is expensive. Good bye DR650. That left the Blast and the Savage.

A tough choice, but I went with the Savage for the (drum roll) .....TORQUE!  Sorry Erik, I promiss I'll buy one of your XB12s when I find a sack of money somewhere.

I found out that there are a bunch of Savages sitting in garages and barns with less than 5,000 miles on them. Yay. It was quite easy for me to pick up a barely used (ignored) Savage for less than what I pay for my annual auto expenses (@4,000 miles/year $0.52 per mile). The one I bought only had a few dings, and needed nothing (yet)

Since I haven't ridden in 20+  years, I spent the 1st 6 months or so practicing cone swerves and constrained U turns. Occasionally I would take it out on the road. I did 3 wheel stands just to get that out of my system, and now the front  wheel stays earthbound. I swear Smiley The Savage can only do clutch wheelies, and I don't want to replace those discs, nor do I want to replace the discs in my spine.

Now, thanks to the Photo CD and SuzukiSavage.com, I can spend  about 60 hours  a year wrenching the LS 650. I've read stories of the Savage beating 30k miles (comfortably), and that is my goal. Routine maintenance, finest lubes and parts, and, erm, no clutch wheelies. I swear.

Data:
Home: Chicago, Illinois - South Side.
Marries: Yes
Special Skills: Reads at the 8th grade level, sez please & thank you, wipess own nose.
Hobbies: Camping, Bicycling, Wrenching, Inventing,
Insured: Oh, you bet!
Helmet: Always.
Favorite Savage Destination: Sothern Cook County (IL) Forest Preserves.
Favorite Savage Part: Rear Fender - How much can I load on that sheet metal??
Most Hated Savage Part: Speedo. If it were an option, I would have said "no".
Beer: Fat Tire, any home brew.
Fast Food Joint  Most Frequented While Cruising On The Savage: DQ
If I could make one traffic law to help all motorcyclist: No Cellphone Usage While Driving. None. No hands free, no Blue Tooth, None! Eyes and brain on the road!

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #98 - 03/02/08 at 15:45:44

Well, I guess it's time I introduced myself. My name is george I'm 54 years old from Winchester Ky. I have no computer skills, I don't even know how to start a new paragraph on a keyboard. I wish someone would tell me. Last year after 20+ years without a motorcycle I decided to get one. I tried for 6 months to talk myself out of it but couldn't. I looked hard at a sportster and an s83, but wanted a lightweight bike that I could customize. I bought an 03 in Oct. I love it. Thanks to the people on this site I am no longer afraid to work on it. I'm bobbing it. Fenders are gone, airbox gone,toolbox gone. Got a superbrace, got a carb from LANCER but haven't had it running yet with the carb. I'm having the tank painted white and that will be the only tin on the bike. I also got a autodynamics led tail light with built in turn signals that I made a bracket for and got it working. This is the only forum I have ever taken part in and I couldn't have picked a better one.

We're at the mercy of time, and time don't got no mercy.
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #99 - 03/09/08 at 15:35:29

Hello From North Carolina.  I'm John aka The Toymaker.  Yep, that's right I make toys...when I am not teaching 6th grade math and science.  I had a bike eons ago and just recently sold my truck and bouth a 1995 LS650.  I love the Lil' Thumper.  It had 7K miles but in the past month or so I have managed to put another 1300 on.  I ride (when it isn't too cold) to and from school.  Sometime I have to watch for the icy spots but at 6 in the morning, they show up ok.

Right now I am waiting for a new needle valve and seat since the one in the bike leaks like crazy but I have been a motorheard for most of my life and I don't mind.

I worked for NASA for 5 years back in the 80's and have been around all things of transport all my life.  I am glad I found this site and hope to post regularly.

Cheers
John Cheesy

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #100 - 03/09/08 at 19:25:36

Welcome, John.  I like the moniker "Toymaker"...you should change your display name to that.  Looking forward to seeing some NASA experience implemented on our beloved Savage.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #101 - 03/12/08 at 02:27:38

Thanks

I worked in the education department, but I wonder if anyone has thought of "instand acceleration rocket motors" for the Thumpers.  Be great for getting on the freeway...problem is...your can't really control your bike when going zero to a bazillion mph. Smiley

cheers
John

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #102 - 03/12/08 at 09:58:58

Toymaker wrote on 03/12/08 at 02:27:38:
Thanks

I worked in the education department, but I wonder if anyone has thought of "instand acceleration rocket motors" for the Thumpers.  Be great for getting on the freeway...problem is...your can't really control your bike when going zero to a bazillion mph. Smiley

cheers
John

Didn't they try that on MythBusters   Shocked

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #103 - 03/12/08 at 11:27:21

Toymaker wrote on 03/12/08 at 02:27:38:
I worked in the education department, but I wonder if anyone has thought of "instand acceleration rocket motors" for the Thumpers.

You worked in education?
(memo to self, pull kids out of school)
Are you looking for the feet flying up in the air kind of acceleration?
It may lag a bit, but I got all the accel I want and I don't have to light no fuse.  Just yesterday I was cruising about 50 when I noticed the Geo Metro in front of me was not making the grade.  I gave the throttle a full twist, my arms got longer, my head snapped back and I thought to my self, 'self, you weren't ready for that.  But whoyeah!'

WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #104 - 03/12/08 at 18:45:58

hehehe  Concerning Mythbusters.

I don't think they put the JADARM on a motorcycle...on a car..yes. Smiley

My thumper has plenty of acceleration for this ole man.

cheers
John aka Toymaker

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 00:01:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.