Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41249 times)
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #75 - 01/23/08 at 18:11:40

after a long time away, i am back.

my 97 savage sits in pieces in the garage. should have him up and running again by march hopefully.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #76 - 01/24/08 at 08:25:35

sunny wrote on 01/23/08 at 18:11:40:

Welcome back!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #77 - 01/24/08 at 08:29:23

Savage_Rob wrote on 01/24/08 at 08:25:35:
sunny wrote on 01/23/08 at 18:11:40:

Welcome back!

thanks!

got real sick, then the savage dropped a valve through the piston, then i broke a shoulder in germany...

but i've got all my savage bits and pieces collected now and am going to put everything back together and hopefully be back on the road by march.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #78 - 01/24/08 at 16:00:46

If ya need any help just holler.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #79 - 01/24/08 at 17:41:25

Demin wrote on 01/24/08 at 16:00:46:
If ya need any help just holler.

think twice before you volunteer: i tend to put volunteers to work...

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #80 - 01/30/08 at 03:35:07

I guess I'd better introduce myself since I just joined the forum. I'm Annie and I'm about to not only buy my first Savage but also my first motorcycle. I found a 2001 in great condition with a brand new engine. UP until now I have done most of my commuting and daily traveling by bicycle but I needed a little something to take my those extra few miles out of town.

I'm a traditional herbalist and I teach nature studies. Oh and a musician. I need to be able to get around to take care of business better and I didn't want to go back to being in a tin box. It also suits that little bit of warrior spirit I have - but then being Cherokee, Seneca and Irish can be a little bit of a scary combination.  Wink

This forum already helped me to make the final decision to go crazy and get the Savage. Thanks for all the help you didn't know you were giving!

Anne Littlebird

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #81 - 01/30/08 at 11:22:31

Welcome aboard!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #82 - 01/31/08 at 05:05:34

ALittlebird wrote on 01/30/08 at 03:35:07:
I guess I'd better introduce myself since I just joined the forum. I'm Annie and I'm about to not only buy my first Savage but also my first motorcycle. I found a 2001 in great condition with a brand new engine. UP until now I have done most of my commuting and daily traveling by bicycle but I needed a little something to take my those extra few miles out of town.

I'm a traditional herbalist and I teach nature studies. Oh and a musician. I need to be able to get around to take care of business better and I didn't want to go back to being in a tin box. It also suits that little bit of warrior spirit I have - but then being Cherokee, Seneca and Irish can be a little bit of a scary combination.  Wink

This forum already helped me to make the final decision to go crazy and get the Savage. Thanks for all the help you didn't know you were giving!

Anne Littlebird

Howdy Anne ..... we are a fun loving bunch and most everyone here is a bit wacky as well.   Grin

IP Logged
liltimmy
YaBB Newbies

Have a Thumpin' good
time!

Paradise
Reply #83 - 02/01/08 at 06:36:25

I figured I will introduce  myself.  I'm Timmy.  Live in the Tampa Bay area, which is about as close to paradise as I have seen.  Love the year round riding.  The wife and I was in the wind on the coldest day of the year so far (wifes truck was down with a bad oil pump  Wink ).   We love our '05 Savage ( aka S40 ).   It was my Father's Day present in '05.  Hope get to know y'all and learn a lot.

Hey Suzuki, give it up, it's still a SAVAGE !!!!
  IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #84 - 02/12/08 at 05:47:27

I have been riding since 1991 and have owned 8 bikes in that time ranging from a KZ550 to a  1999 Yamaha Venture.  My last bike was an 02 Kaw Nomad.  I traded it in 2007 for a sports car.  I have a 4 year old son and was questioning the wisdom of riding a bike when I have a young child.  I miss riding so I am back in the market for a bike.  I will mainly use it for fun rides, not commuting like I used to do.  My Dad's wife is selling an 04 Savage that I will likely buy next month.  I was a motorcycle safety instructor from 2001 to 2005.  It was fun but I didn't like giving up my entire weekend after working my day job all week.

IP Logged
JayScottComedy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 02/16/08 at 16:19:56

Hey everyone, my name is Jay and Im a 28 y/o stand-up comic in Keavy KY. I bought a 2000 savage about a year ago, its green. Honestly i debated buying it because i read some pretty bad reviews on the internet about savages. Things like "The only thing savage about this bike is its name." Stuff like that. However it was so cheap that i delved deeper and found this place. I lurked a while and never posted back when the site wasnt so modern(nice updates!) After research i found out that this bike is loved by alot of people and decided to go ride it. I absolutely loved it. So fast off the line and small enough to maneuver.

Ive been riding bikes since i was about 6 but i hadnt been on a public roadway since i was 16 or 17. I used to have a yamaha serow 225. Another little thumper that is a GREAT street and trail btw. Being used to dirtbikes however i got on the savage and said "this tank and body ect is PLENTY big enough for me." I was used to light thin bikes so i didnt want a huge cruiser that felt like a boat.

So far i have put a screamin eagle muffler, did the de-snorkel, rejetted, and put on some new mirrors and a brake fluid cover. I love the bike and have learned alot from this site. I plan to contribute some, not really in a mechanical way, but as being a fellow enthusiast. Thanks everyone, look forward to posting now!

-Jay

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #86 - 02/16/08 at 17:09:57

Welcome.You can contribute some comedy once in a while,sometimes it's needed. Grin

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #87 - 02/18/08 at 10:21:14

Hello My name is Jim. I'm in the process of buying my first Suzuki motorcycle a 2000 LS650. I've ridden Yamaha and Honda's before, but I'm really looking forward to the ride on a thumper. I'm an older guy [59] and really excited about this bike. Any insider advice would be willingly excepted. Thanks for your time and looking forward to anything you have to offer an old guy.

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #88 - 02/19/08 at 15:58:57

Jimmer wrote on 02/18/08 at 10:21:14:
Hello My name is Jim. I'm in the process of buying my first Suzuki motorcycle a 2000 LS650. I've ridden Yamaha and Honda's before, but I'm really looking forward to the ride on a thumper. I'm an older guy [59] and really excited about this bike. Any insider advice would be willingly excepted. Thanks for your time and looking forward to anything you have to offer an old guy.

Welcome aboard Jim.  We're sorry, but you don't qualify as an "older guy" yet!  I think you still fit the "middle age" of Savage riders on this forum.  I'm just a babe at 44 Cheesy  Hopefully, you come to love and enjoy your new Savage.  And this is the best place to find out more about it and what you can do to it in way of changes.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #89 - 02/21/08 at 15:01:28

Gary
Thanks for the reply to my introduction. Hope this winter weather here in Pa. soon leaves, I can hear the road calling to me and my son.
By the way, my son rides a 1000cc Yamaha R1 crotch rocket. I've never accused him of being a genius, but he is a good rider. Hope he keeps his respect for the bike and his skills. Any one is invited to bust his butt about riding a suicide machine. He's young, good natured , and needs someone to bust on him.See everyone soon on line.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 13:24:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.