Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
rmcelroy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1305 - 06/15/11 at 08:30:18

New guy here. I havn't gotten a bike yet-but I am looking. I'm in Birmingham, Al, and will be reading my way around this site to learn as much as possible.

later

IP Logged
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1306 - 06/15/11 at 11:46:34

Hello all,  I am Charles Im new here  just bought a 2000 savage  its a 1st bike.  

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1307 - 06/15/11 at 20:01:05

VAFarmer - 80 miles is a killer commute.  Sounds like the Savage is a good choice for the task, but I'd say that no matter what the task was.  The Savage is just a good choice...period.  But then again, we're predjudice that way here.

rmcelroy - So you're lookin' for a machine, eh?  Will this be your first bike?  You'll be in good company.  Just check out the previous posts.  Good luck.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
MikeRIC
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1308 - 06/17/11 at 16:26:18

Whats up everyone

I just got my first bike yesterday, a 2002 Savage with 4400 miles on it.  My wife bought it for me as a surprise birthday present - best wife ever! lol

I'll be taking the safety class here in VA soon and get my license, hopefully next week.  I can't wait to get out and ride!!!

IP Logged
Classic650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NH
Reply #1309 - 06/18/11 at 16:39:08

Hi All,

Steph from NH here, home of Laconia Bike Week & Cornerstone Motorcycle Ministry Biker Tent!
 I used to ride on my dad's bike from a young age.  Moved onto dirt bikes.  Then rode with my hubby.  I have an 03 that I bought as a leftover in 04.  I have all stock items except for a cramp buster & Tourmaster saddle bags.  I'm getting a windshield & new mirrors (the old ones are useable, but were damaged in the crash).  I'm also planning to put on some floorboards.
 Broke my arm & leg when I crashed last year & now I've put a 1,000 miles on since I got back back to riding in April.  It's in my blood.  I hardly leave home without it.  I've put on most of the 19,386 miles on the odometer.  
 God bless & be safe out there.

IP Logged
Classic650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NH
Reply #1310 - 06/18/11 at 16:41:40

It doesn't look like I'll be able to post the pics.  

IP Logged
A
YaBB Newbies

Seattle, WA
Reply #1311 - 06/19/11 at 11:02:50

Hi there,

I'm Ashley and I thought I'd finally introduce myself (lurking for too long just fell creepy)! Anyway, I've been looking into getting my first bike for several months and knew I wanted a good beginner bike that I could eventually make into a bobber - enter the savage/s40.

I'm planning to get my bike within the next few weeks and couldn't be more excited (and a bit nervous)! The plan is to ride it stock for awhile, get familiar with the maintenance, etc and then start my bobber build within the next year. I'm well aware I've probably bit off more than I can chew in terms of the build, but I'm glad to have found this forum and have found it helpful/friendly so I'm optimistic that if I combine all the info here, a lot of grit and determination and a bit of help I'll be able to accomplish the mods I want.....we'll see...

I apologize up front for what I'm sure will be a lot of stupid questions! And thanks for such a great community - looking forward to becoming a part of it.

A

IP Logged
BB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

TN/GA border
Reply #1312 - 06/19/11 at 23:16:41

Hello, I am Brenda from Tennessee. I have had my 2005 Savage since April and love it more than I could have ever imagined!!! Started out on a scooter for a few years, rode on the back of ex's bike for a few years, but was not prepared for the difference in riding my own!! Hungry for more knowledge about tweaking my bike and love this site!!

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa311/JoeFriday49/Craigs/?action=view&curr...

shadyspot_99   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1313 - 06/20/11 at 04:53:43

YAAYYY  More new folks!  Welcome to you all.

If you haven't found these yet, there is a Table of Contents in the Technical section with a ton of useful links:   http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927

And here's How To Post Pics - http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927
(links are fine, this just shows you how to make them show up within your post...)

Stick around!   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1314 - 06/20/11 at 19:49:06

Welcome fellows and fellas.  
Nice looking machine, Brenda.  I like the color.  Beautiful scenery in pic #11.  Thanks for sharing.
MikeRIC, Does your wife have a sister? Grin
The Savage/S40 does make a great starter bike, but it doesn't end there.  It's my sixth.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #1315 - 06/20/11 at 19:49:48

Hi everybody -- Nathan in Cincinnati here.  I bought a new-to-me 2007 S40 on Memorial Day this year after lurking on this site for a while and deciding it was the first bike for me.  Wanted to say thanks for all the great info on this site.  Having this much accumulated knowledge and "seat time" among all the contributors to this site, along with the friendly nature of the bike, makes owning a Savage/S40 an easy choice for those of us new to riding.  Hope to have a lot of fun on the bike and on this site!  Grin

2007 S40 (Supertrapp, 6" Ed. L forward controls, K&N, & some other stuff)
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1316 - 06/21/11 at 21:34:34

Hi all! Long Island NY in the house... Smiley First off, I have to say this is the absolute best site I have  seen thus far. The wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share it is wonderful. Encouraging newbs to go for it and fix their own ride and take pride in doing so in commendable.

I am the proud owner of a 2006 light blue/silver s40 and a 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A and I love them both. The s40 is very misunderstood and underappreciated by riders at large. Whenever I ride it and approach a sportster 883 and ride tit for tat with 'em, they can't believe it. It is one torquey machine! Because I'm 6'2, I need a pair of Routy's 6" forward controls and a new seat (OUCH!) or Airhawk cushion which will work well with both bikes. If there are any riders located in Suffolk County and want to ride, give me a holla.

Ciao, John  Cool

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #1317 - 06/22/11 at 09:30:59

New guy here!  Learning lots by erading all I can.  This board seems very nice and easy going.  I like it!  Big change from the squids on the Ninja boards I have been on before.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Stay Dry
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1318 - 06/23/11 at 15:28:34

Hello all,

I am David and I live in Long Beach, CA of the United States. This is my first and current bike- a 2009 s40 bka savage ls650. I plan to run and own it for a number of upcoming following years. It's been mines for about two weeks and have ridden to work everyday since! I enjoy working on the bike myself and hope that I can turn to my fellow riders if I am to ever need help and the same in return.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1319 - 06/23/11 at 17:49:14

Welcome to all the new folks..
Great to have you here. Don't
be shy, ask as many questions
as you need.It will help get you
aquainted with a great bike..
Join in on the Scavenger hunt
and again, welcome.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:20:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.