Send Topic Print
Exhaust question (Read 2 times)
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Exhaust question
08/12/07 at 05:45:41

Will be pulling exhaust and replacing gaskets.......these are metal..........do I need to use a sealer????  The dealer suggested using something like Yamalube.  As always your advise is highly appreciated.

Not being anywhere near being a gear head...through this site I have done the the spacer mod, seat mode,etc.   Smiley

My computer is located in the garage and with our temps being 100+ I'm limited to how long my computer time is.   Aaaaaaah.....heated in the summer and air conditioned in the winter.....GREAT!

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Exhaust question
Reply #1 - 08/12/07 at 08:57:25

MIne came oout looking dry. Replaced without any "Goo" anywhere. No one said anything about Goo. It's a crush washer, really. When you see the one that came out & compare to the new, you will see how it seals. Just clean the head & header up so theres nothing poking up that will keep it from making contact all across each side. Remember to retorque those bolts cold after a bit of riding.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Re: Exhaust question
Reply #2 - 08/12/07 at 13:39:18

Thanks and thanks again for 152.5 main.   I typed Yamalube but meant Yamaseal.  Had not idea these were crush seals

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:28:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.