Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trust/ New bike,dealer forgot two bolts for Seat (Read 6 times)
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Trust/ New bike,dealer forgot two bolts for Seat
08/11/07 at 21:02:35

Just got a new bike june 2nd and the dealer for got to put the to screw on the two seat bolts that conect the seat the the frame, How am I to trust the they are not going to mess some thing elts up?

I guess I will find a new shop and also learn how to do the maintenace my self.

And for the first ceck up they wanted a couple hundred dollars or more. I took it to another place and it only cost me 64$. what is up with that?

Now ther is some thing squeeking and I don't know who I should bring it to? might be the belt drive.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Trust/ New bike,dealer forgot two bolts for Se
Reply #1 - 08/12/07 at 08:51:17

You never have any assurances the guy with the wrenches didn't have a few too many last night, or is daydreaming about his girlfriend, or maybe YOUR girlfriend, so keep yer woman OUTTA the shop. You just made a good reason for always giving the bike a good going over before you ride it, no matter who has been working on it.
The squeak is most likely the belt, but could be other things. Check to see if it's too tight. In gear, roll back to put all the slack in the lower side of the belt. Grab widway between front & rear pulleys, twist belt. If it twists 90* without having to use your whole hand & working hard, if your Mom can do it & she never had to shave her beard, it's okay. If it still squeaks, you can put baby powder on it, or rub wax on it( this stuff slings off & makes a mess on the wheel, you can ask how I know) I bought a box of canning wax at the grocery store, since its a lot softer than candles. It helps a lot.

You will enjoy the feeling of freedom you get from your bike all the more when you are free from needing others to keep it running for you. Get a manual, hit the stores for tools, pawnshop tools work just as well as new for way, way less $$. I got an 8mm & a 10 mm for free the other day. I organized & put up a few things that were out of place while I was shopping. That, & the guy sells his hand tools "1$ a pound for foreign, 2$ a pound for American" wrenches! The people here taught me what I needed to know & helped with every problem. The bike has not seen the inside of a shop except for the first oil change & it has just over 16,000 miles on it. The cam is replaced as well as the cam chain & the car has been rejetted, exhaust is a Supertrapp. It's not hard to maintain & it sure is nice not having some mechanic tell me he will "Try" to have it for me early next week, when all that needs done is a valve adjustment that I can do myself on Saturday morning & then ride the rest of the day.

Ditch those 10 mm socket needing seat bolts for a couple od allen heads with a couple of jam nuts. Then no ratchet is needed for seat removal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 08/12/07 at 15:21:11

learn to do the maintance yourself.  do you really want that stoner dude at the shop working on you're savage. i don't, and i'm a stoner.  there are only two people i trust to work on my savage.  myself, and max, and i trust max more than myself.  Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
wrongwayair

central Il
Reply #3 - 08/12/07 at 18:02:35

I'd like to think I could do most of the easy stuff on my bike, but so far the talent & patience required have eluded me.  I haven't taken the savage to a mechanic yet but in the meantime I check with every rider I meet & see who they reccomend.  Not the best system, especially in this Harley happy area.  But i've got several reccomendations now for two shops in my area.  It's good to have options. Undecided

Indecision may or may not be my problem .... Jimmy Buffett
  IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #4 - 08/12/07 at 19:59:13

Thanks all of you!  Cheesy

tomorrow I am going to try to fix the squeek, my self. A friend is letting my use some of his tool.

OK the belt seems alittle bit to tight,and rubbing on the front pully, on the left side the side away from the bike.

well be for I do it I one more question. Grin  So I can do it with the bike on the side stand, But I it easer to do it on a center stand or rear wheel of the ground. But it is doable on its side stand?

Read the owners book and just about every thing on this site.  Great site!!

Some day when I get some money I wil get the shop manual

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:16:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trust/ New bike,dealer forgot two bolts for Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.