Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grip Puppies (Read 23 times)
DanGill

Grip Puppies
08/01/07 at 06:00:06

Anybody use these? I have been thinking about getting some for my S40 to reduce the hand tingling. I think I'll be ordering the small ones. My micrometer tells me the grips on the bike are 1.42 inches.

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: Grip Puppies
Reply #1 - 08/01/07 at 08:11:37

Are these what you're talking about?

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GPS...

I used to put Grab-On foam grips on my BMW K-75, then they seemed to go out of style for both motorcycle & bicycle riders. These seem to be pretty much the same thing, only you don't need to replace the whole grip.  For less than ten bucks, I'll probably give them a try!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #2 - 08/01/07 at 09:26:18

Those are the ones. I intended to post the link to the site. But the picture works.

IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #3 - 08/01/07 at 17:29:19

I went ahead and ordered a pair. I'll update everyone after I get them installed and try them out.

IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #4 - 08/07/07 at 05:48:55

Well, I got the Grip Puppies and put them on. Today was the first day to use them on my commute. They seem to reduce the felt vibration. I'm not sure yet if I like the increased diameter.

One unintended benefit: I now have a friction throttle lock. The Grip Puppies extended to the end of the bars, over the chrome bar weight. When I put my Throttle Rocker on the end of the grip, I can get it to hold throttle position by squeezing. It is actually just the tiniest bit of friction, and naturally rolls off when I shift my had forward or grip the brake. This seems much like the effect of putting an o-ring on the throttle.

Bottom line: for $8.20 shipped, I think it's money well spent. The small ones worked for my bike. YMMV.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 08/07/07 at 06:13:53

DanGill wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The Grip Puppies extended to the end of the bars, over the chrome bar weight.

Just as an FYI, those aren't bar end weights.  The weights are inside the bars.  Those are merely plastic caps glued into the ends.  You might want to pay attention that you don't twist it free and lose it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #6 - 08/07/07 at 07:41:40

Thanks, Rob. I'll watch for that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com