Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Gas mileage question (Read 31 times)
Balderdash

Minnesota
Re: Gas mileage question
Reply #45 - 08/17/07 at 10:24:49

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
 A buddy of mine said that a too, too lean condition will also affects mileage because the fuel to air mixture is not optimun and the engine actually works more.  Any thoughts on that??

I believe that a too lean engine is a bad thing and the engine runs too hard and gets too hot and wears out soon, but I don't know that it would get worse gas mileage...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #46 - 08/17/07 at 11:59:23

You can nip the "too lean condition" in the bud by jumping up to the biggest main jet I sent and see if it bogs down at full throttle in the high rpm range...if so then you know it is too rich.
From there just start going down one size at a time until you can run wide open in the high rpm range with smooth power and no bogging.

From there you can go back to the pilot system jetting and tuning for the low range, then the needle adjustment for the mid range, and then a final check again of the main jet to rap up the high range.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #47 - 08/17/07 at 13:40:42

Lancer and others, going to my original thread on rejetting for oversized psiton.  This thread is for gas mileage.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:23:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gas mileage question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.