Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oil in bottom of air cleaner box (Read 4 times)
eagleshadow60
Ex Member

Oil in bottom of air cleaner box
07/06/07 at 10:55:37

I'm putting a K&N filter in my bike when I took out the old paper one  there was oil half way up the filter then I noticed a large amount of oil in the bottom of the air box my qustion is there did it come from? Also is there a 155mm main jet out there I can buy. Thanks Lawrence(2002 Savage)

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Oil in bottom of air cleaner box
Reply #1 - 07/06/07 at 11:15:03

do you know if the air box has ever been drained? drain tube(s) come out of the bottom and you should pull their cork and drain them from time to time

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 07/06/07 at 11:25:03

You get some burpage from the crankcase breather tube and, if it has been overfilled, it can be more like spewage.  If it hasn't been drained, it may be hard to tell how long that's been there.  Dip your finger in it and be sure it doesn't smell like fuel though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
eagleshadow60
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/06/07 at 11:26:43

No I didn't know about draining, I bought the bike last year for my wife, she took the motorcycle class and I had her follow me (ural sidecar rig) but after crashing three times she has decide not to ride any more sow I started to ride the bike it's a lot lighter then the ural and falls over when I stop if I don't put my feet down. I found this site and know decide to do a lot of the mods. I've seen, Question though I don't see many peaple changing front springs just the rear shocks. Any way I like the size of this bike although I'm 6' 5" tall. The bike is a 2002 with 1024 miles on it.

IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #4 - 07/06/07 at 11:46:15

eagleshadow60 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
... so I started to ride the bike it's a lot lighter then the ural and falls over when I stop if I don't put my feet down. ....

Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 07/06/07 at 11:51:10

I'm sorry to hear your wife doesn't want to ride.  I wish I could talk mine into trying it.  Anyway, welcome to the site and keep puttin' your feet down at stops.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #6 - 07/07/07 at 06:44:55

eagleshadow60 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
and falls over when I stop if I don't put my feet down.  

Cheesy lol, an aquaintance had that very same problem, especially after happy hour  Roll Eyes he has trike now  Wink

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 02:57:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil in bottom of air cleaner box

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.