Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jet Kit and the White Spacer (Read 2 times)
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Jet Kit and the White Spacer
07/03/07 at 13:50:18

Have a stock 2001 Savage LS650, 1800 miles. Have already richened the idle mixture with some improvement in the smoothness and response. The question I have, is that I intend to install a Dynojet kit (Stage 1), have read about the white spacer on the diaphragm needle and I am wondering if after installing the new jets, I should trim the spacer like you would if using the stock setup, leave it full thickness, or pull it altogether? Does the clip on the slide in the Dynojet kit replace the function of the spacer?

Right now it tends to stumble slightly in the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle while lugging slightly (in town or slow traffic).

Sorry for the wordiness.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Jet Kit and the White Spacer
Reply #1 - 07/03/07 at 14:56:24

mark_k wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Does the clip on the slide in the Dynojet kit replace the function of the spacer?

yes

IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #2 - 07/03/07 at 15:35:32

Thanks for the info. It also would then seem if I need to fine tune the midportion of the fuel curve, I might be able to choose a different slot like the 5th or 3rd slot depending on whether I need a richer or slightly leaner mixture and move the clip appropriately.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 07/03/07 at 17:33:56

mark_k wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Thanks for the info. It also would then seem if I need to fine tune the midportion of the fuel curve, I might be able to choose a different slot like the 5th or 3rd slot depending on whether I need a richer or slightly leaner mixture and move the clip appropriately.

That is correct.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:20:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jet Kit and the White Spacer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.