Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIFFERENCES:  K&N cone & K&N flat (Read 8 times)
Oldfeller2

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

DIFFERENCES:  K&N cone & K&N flat
07/03/07 at 11:58:33

Which one works best?  Why?

Picked up a sportster muff and I am planning out my attack plan for opening up the intake side, dropping in some new jets and installing the sporty muffler for this winter when I am down for cold weather.   Got my chain drive conversion coming as well for the same time frame.  

This makes my mix a bit "new" so I thought I'd ask.

Advice please -- "search" gets very fat with a lot of other muffler combos and different K&N options to the point I have to ask "which setup really works best".

Oldfeller

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: DIFFERENCES:  K&N cone & K&N
Reply #1 - 07/03/07 at 14:46:55

Personally, I think the performance of the two is probably almost identical.  For some, gaining the space occupied by the airbox is important, so the cone is optimal.  For me, the drop-in replacement was simple, it didn't require that I add another filter for the breather tube and it didn't leave my air intake exposed to water/rain.  With its location, I think the rain risk is minimal anyway though.  Just my thoughts when I made the choice.  If I were to do it over, I might choose the cone and use the airbox for tool storage.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: DIFFERENCES:  K&N cone & K&N
Reply #2 - 07/03/07 at 14:59:26

I wouldn't be surprised if the perf. was identical, or nearly so, esp. after the desnorkel mod.  One advantage of a well designed airbox is that it will resonate, which can force more air into the carb than it can normally pull.  Is our's well designed?  I doubt it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:18:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DIFFERENCES:  K&N cone & K&N flat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.