Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Neutral Indicator light (Read 4 times)
Jonnyweave
Ex Member

Neutral Indicator light
07/02/07 at 08:58:16

I recently had an electrical problem with my 2000 Savage and disconnected wires attached to a box having something to do with my horn, neutral indicator light, and side stand relay.  I failed to properly label where they were supposed to be connected.  I know really stupid.  Anyway the neutral indicator light is now always on and the horn doesn't work.  I have tried a few combinations of hooking the wires back up but without success in finding the correct one.  The box is on the left front of the bike just below my tank.  There are four wires one is black, one is red, one is black and red, and the final one is blue and black.  Here are a couple of pictures to clear up exactly what I am talking about.  In the pictures the wires are hooked up, but they are hooked up incorrectly.  If anyone has a similar year bike, and can look to see where each wire goes that would be greatly appreciated.  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Neutral Indicator light
Reply #1 - 07/02/07 at 09:56:42

Read the Tech Ref section, specifically the thread entitled That "mysterious" electrical system.  It has a wiring diagram you can use to trace down those wires and determine how they should be connected.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Jonnyweave
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/02/07 at 17:50:09

Yeah those diagrams help to figure out where the wires are coming from.  But what I really need to know is which position on the little box they should each occupy.  Any of the wires will fit in any of the four positions available, and in the diagrams that I have found it does not seem to specify which ones go in which spot...they all just run into the box.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 07/02/07 at 19:51:13

the diagram i found (96, next diagram is for 04)in the ssm didnt show any red wires that far up the frame from your photos looks like a rewire job specially the strands on your red wire stickin past the f.m. spade ..
2 reds come from battery one goes tostarter relay,other splits into 2 to feed the fuses..from the wiring harness diagram that might be your side stand relay..if it is the colors you list dont jive..me thinks the diode went out on the previous owner..sounds like you need to pull the tank and trace what you have..where that red comes from??e nuf help this site can get you thru it

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:25:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Neutral Indicator light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.