Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally got to ride today (Read 2 times)
DanGill

Finally got to ride today
06/29/07 at 05:44:28

I rode my new (to me) '06 S40 to work this morning for the first time. For those of you who don't live in the swamp formerly known as DFW, we have been having ridiculous amounts of rain for the past two weeks. Today there is only a 50% chance, and I just couldn't stand it anymore.

The bike did well, but I'm going to have to do something to counteract my throttle hand tingling and going to sleep. It may be that my gloves are a bit big, and it may be just my age and problems from making my living with a mouse. I'm thinking a throttle rocker will help.

Riding to work is sure a lot more interesting than driving!

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Finally got to ride today
Reply #1 - 06/29/07 at 06:08:13

DanGill wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
... but I'm going to have to do something to counteract my throttle hand tingling and going to sleep. It may be that my gloves are a bit big, and it may be just my age ....
but most likely it is you griping too hard.  My grip on the handlebars would be insufficient to deform an overripe banana.  A firm grip allows the vibrations to pass through.   As you gain experience and learn to relax the tingling will subside.

WWW   IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #2 - 06/29/07 at 07:40:00

Could be, Paladin, but I don't get the same problem with my left hand. I have problems with my right at work as well on some days.

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #3 - 06/29/07 at 09:31:37

Sounds like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, if I wear my wrist braces during the night, I have less tingling during the day.

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/30/07 at 16:08:40

My right hand suffered when I first strated riding it. Left hand, not so much. As my hand learned how to hold the throttle & not squeeze so hard, the vibes didnt pass so well into the hand. Paladin has a good point. I saw the same thing. Maybe I toughened up, maybe the throttle spring softened, maybe my grip relaxed, Maybe ,maybe m,aybe,, BUT, for sure, my hand doesnt bug me like it did. I cant remember when it went away, or the last time I rode it far enough for it to boher me, but its been a longtime

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 06/30/07 at 16:30:17

I had a similar sensation when I changed to low rise HD bars.  I don't remember if I had it with the drag bars.  But it wasn't there with the buckhorns.

When I went to the high risers and the low rise HD bars, I get it after a long ride.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:18:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally got to ride today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.