Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No Juice (Read 2 times)
kbarovsky
Ex Member

No Juice
06/25/07 at 12:56:11

I have a '97 LS650 and in order to replace a broken throttle cable I had to remove the gas tank.  When I put it back on everything seemed honkie-dorie - lights worked, signal indicators worked, but when I tried to crank it up, there was no juice to the starter.  Nothing - no clicking, grinding or the like.  I have not yet checked the fuses (because replacing the tank was the last think I had to do on Sunday so I ran out of time and willpower), but any clues as to what the problem might be?

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: No Juice
Reply #1 - 06/25/07 at 13:19:40

i would look into the connections under the seat make sure nothing came undone.  then check fuse.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
kbarovsky
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/25/07 at 14:07:33

Thanks!  I am a simple sort and since the seat has to come off before the tank, might as well check the fuses first (esp. since my tank is one that fights back).

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 06/25/07 at 14:32:57

You didn't bump the shut off switch on the RH grip by any chance ? Also if it got knocked into gear and the side stand is down it will not crank. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
kbarovsky
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/25/07 at 15:03:21

Good thoughts all, but I checked the SO switch and it rolls nicely without a squeeze on the clutch.  

Another query - is there a red light in the lower right hand side of the light panel that lights up on when the ignition is switched on before the engine is fired up?  If so, that is not coming on either.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/26/07 at 00:46:55

You can check the fuses while the seat stays on. Under the ( as seated on the bike) right side of the seat, look up under there for a white block with wires going in one end.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 06/26/07 at 05:22:44

kbarovsky wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Another query - is there a red light in the lower right hand side of the light panel that lights up on when the ignition is switched on before the engine is fired up?  If so, that is not coming on either.

If so, it's never worked on my 98 either and I have no problems with her.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
kbarovsky
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/26/07 at 09:36:51

Excellent!!
If, when I solve the problem, I learn anything of significance, I will pass it along....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:32:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No Juice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.