Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need help with pegs (Read 10 times)
luxup
Ex Member

Need help with pegs
06/24/07 at 21:46:58

Brand new biker here.  Just picked up a used 07 S40 with just 370 miles from Ebay.  Here are some pics I just put up today if you want to look...

http://home.nyc.rr.com/luxup/S40.htm

I'm waiting for my waiver from my MSS course so I can't really ride just yet which is just as well since my left footpeg broke.  It got twisted pretty bad during the ride home.  Bike shifted in the trailer.  It was tied tight enough that it didn't lay on it's side but it went over enough to bend the footpeg pretty bad.  At first I was able to ride with it but later, when trying to bend it back I was able to snap it off with my bare hands.

Where can I order the exact same footpeg?  For that matter, what is the model.  I don't have the owners manual and I just started searching for one online but I would really like to replace it with the same exact thing for now.

Thanks

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Need help with pegs
Reply #1 - 06/25/07 at 03:44:42

Check
www.ronayers.com illustrated parts catalog for correct nomenclature and pictures. Then ask the question in parts required. Maybe somone has the part for sale or to give away.
Greetz
Kropatchek

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 06/25/07 at 05:19:11

I usually compare http://www.RonAyers.com with http://www.CrotchRocket.com to see who has the best price.  Both have parts fiche.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/25/07 at 08:24:49

Thanks.  I'll be checking those sites out tonight.

IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/25/07 at 09:23:45

I was looking at the diagram for footpegs and boy, they don't make it look easy do they.  There are about a million pieces for 1 footpeg.

I read other posts about this but thought that maybe, just maybe it would be easier for me, hah.

I consider myself mechanically inclined so after work today I'm heading to the garage with my tools to take it apart and see what I can keep and what is destroyed.

Since I'm new to this and know that I know nothing, I will be posting pics tonight of the end result and asking you all for your help - again.

Thanks in advance everyone.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 06/25/07 at 11:27:54

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
First, congratulations on your bike and welcome to the site.  There are a lot of folks who've bypassed the kickstand switch and some also bypass the clutch switch too.  In fact, I intend to bypass my kickstand switch one of these days soon.  One of the other members has made a copy of an OM available but it may be pulled soon.

If you have trouble downloading let us know.

WWW   IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/25/07 at 13:42:46

Sweet.  I have been looking for the owners manual.  Was able to download and save without any problem.

Thanks

IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/25/07 at 20:08:28

Ok, not bad at all.  I shredded the rubber (how often do you get to say that) to get a better look and here you go...

http://home.nyc.rr.com/luxup/images/footrest.jpg

...left footrest.  According to the diagram at crotchrocket

http://www.crotchrocket.com/fiche_section_popup.asp?fveh=10118&section=432140...

thank you all, I need a new #6 - BAR, FRONT FOOTREST LH.  Left footrest but on the right side of the diagram, ok.

That and a new rubber and I should be good to go. Minimal tools, time and effort required.  My kind of fix.  Parts are cheapest at crotchrocket if anyone cares.  I checked bikebandit, ronayers and crotchrocket.

Since I am extremely impatient I think I'll stop by the local dealer tomorrow and pick up what I need.  

Hopefully it won't be that much more expensive.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 06/25/07 at 20:28:13

At least you be forearmed and ready to laugh out the door.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #9 - 06/25/07 at 20:52:16

Get rid of the passenger pegs. This is not a 2 passenger bike. You have to take the rear wheel off to do this, but when you replace the stock tire, do the deed.
There is no reason to carry your fat assed broad on this machine. Get a truck.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/25/07 at 22:58:12

I think I'll deal with the dealer for this one.  I sat on enough bikes and asked enough questions there to justify paying them an extra $12-$15 that the parts I would need should cost me.  And if I am correct on the amount, I don't mind paying that to not wait for shipping.

Also, a couple of the parts I have are just slightly off so I want to compare with new ones and see if I should bother replacing.  That and I want to see if they have a backrest and rear rack so I can take an up close look before buying online.  

As for the rear pegs.  They aren't hurting anybody so I'll leave them for now.  Besides, if the wife (not fat assed thank you) ever starts to warm up to the bike and decides to take a ride with me (after I get plenty of miles under my belt first) then I don't want any excuses for her to back out.

And who needs a truck?  I've got the mighty MINI...

http://home.nyc.rr.com/luxup/images/Trailer.jpg

Tongue

IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/26/07 at 18:56:28

This sucks.  Seems like nobody in the country has the thing in stock.  Was hoping to ride this weekend but I guess that's out.

IP Logged
wrongwayair

central Il
Reply #12 - 06/26/07 at 19:39:26

luxup wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
This sucks.  Seems like nobody in the country has the thing in stock.  Was hoping to ride this weekend but I guess that's out.

I dropped my bike 3 weeks ago & bent the left footpeg.  I managed to ride it for an additional week before it broke off altogether.  I'd ordered the replacement parts online, waited two weeks for them.  Only to discover i'd apparently read the diagram wrong & ordered the right bar instead of the left  Embarrassed.  So I gave in & ordered the parts from a local dealer.  The parts prices were higher but they didn't charge me shipping so it balanced out to about the same.  And I got the new / correct part back today, in 5 days.  Now, if only I can get that bolt tightened back into place.

Hang in there, at least you sorted out the parts diagram correctly so you're ahead of me.  btw----anybody need a right front support bar? Wink

Indecision may or may not be my problem .... Jimmy Buffett
  IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/27/07 at 07:57:47

I finally broke down and ordered it from the dealer  Undecided  $48, not much more than if I ordered online and had to pay for shipping but I still have the wait.  At least it should be quicker than ordering online.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 06/27/07 at 08:26:42

luxup wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
At least it should be quicker than ordering online.

Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:19:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need help with pegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.