Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie Question About Jets!!! (Read 2 times)
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Newbie Question About Jets!!!
06/19/07 at 21:50:08

When I got my '04 Savasge last fall, it had Jardine pipes and the owner said they had it rejetted at the same time. (He recently told me it ran bad on the way back from the shop so he had to turn around and take it right back. Now I know he didn't turn as many wrenches as I thought he did.) While it runs better than the stock unit I test rode, it has always backfired more than I thought it would and seems to flatten out closer to 60-65 mhp than the 70 I would have expected, plus I only get about 80 miles before having to hit the reserve on the tank.
 Last week I talked to the mechanic who used to work on the guy's bikes and he looked it up and has no record of ever rejetting it! Is it possible the stealership just re-adjusted his pilot jet and never changed anything else? If that IS the case, what's the easiest way to tell, and what exact benefits can I expect out of doing the main jet mod? I have my ideas, but then again I didn't think you could run these pipes on stock jets so I'm kind of second guessing myself here.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Newbie Question About Jets!!!
Reply #1 - 06/19/07 at 22:56:35

easiest way is to take the bowl off, get a mirror and look.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 05:54:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie Question About Jets!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.