extra lights on front (Read 17 times)
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
extra lights on front
06/17/07 at 09:26:24

I was wondering if any one has any experience of adding 2 extra head/driving lights. I like the look and I hear the headlight on our bikes is not that great. I haven't riden at night anywhere it is not lit up. How does the power requirement affect the bike. Should they be linked to the head light or separate switch (might be too much drain on starting) What would be the best way to fit it ie. lightbar or clamping them next to turn signals on the fork. . Thanks in advance for helping
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
grim

San Jose,CA
Re: extra lights on front
Reply #1 - 06/17/07 at 09:39:01

I too like the look....not a need right now, but may do it in future.  A relay switch would do great.  Problem is, now you have three light settings which need another switch.  low/high/newlights.  I don't think battery drain is a big deal unless your battery is almost dead.  

Personally, I'm going to make it always on.  Trick is keeping it on with low AND High beam cuz I think they are seperate????

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 06/17/07 at 11:47:11

You can get either a straight or a curved light bar that is claimed to fit the Savage:

Either costs well over $100 with the lights extra at over $40 each.

Or you could bend and weld your own bracket and paint it black and use automotive driving lamps.

WWW   IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/17/07 at 13:17:17

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 14:48:02 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 06/17/07 at 13:27:51

i  added a pair of 20watt mr11 halogens,mounted to chrome P clamps on the front tubes centered up and down between the head lamp and the front signal/running lights..ran a fused circuit to a switch mounted in the left side cover then to a relay about where the airbox snokel was..low beam on the headlamp to the relay coil allows the mr 11s to operate(my 06 has oem  relay to turn off head lamp during starting)only when sw is on and when hi beam is off...
also added  a 4000 deg kelvin super white head lamp still 60/55 watt alot briter..have led type volt meter on handle bars the extra 40 watts from the mr 11s dont show a load while runnig  but MUST remember to turn key off !!! will drain a good  battery when the engine is not running..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #5 - 06/17/07 at 16:28:24

Been there, done that. No problems in many months; just use pressure washers (not included in kit) helps with frame vibration. Good luck. Grin

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #6 - 06/17/07 at 19:09:46

As I have come to expect from this forum. Good pracitcal advice and very quickly thanks
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 23:25:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › extra lights on front

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.