Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is it possible to get a new pilot screw? (Read 0 times)
Sonofagun333
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Key West Florida
Is it possible to get a new pilot screw?
06/13/07 at 16:18:11

2002 savage, just over 20k, and seems to run fine EXCEPT...

Im wondering where I could get a new pilot screw, and what kind of screw I would need.  Does anyone know or has anyone ever replaced a stripped one?  

I guess I would just need an old carb and snag the one out of there?

Plus, I think I figured out the fuel problem I posted awhile ago (very loose carb/throttle body clamp.  How stupid do I feel)  , but im still running rich.  I know because I pulled the plug today and it was dry but blacker than sin.  Is this why you sand down the white spacer rather than remove it all together?  It runs a bit rich?  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Is it possible to get a new pilot screw?
Reply #1 - 06/13/07 at 17:29:13

I added washers back to replace my white spacer. It was so rich I decided to put it back. & it's plenty modofied. Cam, K&N drop in, Supertrapp with 14 baffles, 152.5 main, still a bit rich, going back to the 150..

IP Logged
Sonofagun333
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Key West Florida
Reply #2 - 06/13/07 at 19:38:27

"I added washers back to replace my white spacer. It was so rich I decided to put it back. & it's plenty modofied. Cam, K&N drop in, Supertrapp with 14 baffles, 152.5 main, still a bit rich, going back to the 150.. "

I think that's what im going to do too...replace the washer.  problem is i've never even seen this so called white washer.  The previous owner removed it before I bought the bike so, you wouldn't happen to know the size would you?  Otherwise, im sort of ashamed to say I dont really know what those modifications you mentioned are....I'll check up on other posts to investigate that one...but my bike is stock, and the pilot screw is so friggin' stuck that I cant adjust it.  Good thing its brass too.  very sturdy material for a flat head screw.  Im sure theres a reason but still, its stripped.  I think i'll have to extract it and replace it with another one.  Is this the way to go?  or should I just live with the richness of it all?  

Plus on a side note im not doing this in a garage, but a public scooter/motorcycle lot, not that that really makes a difference.  

IP Logged
Sonofagun333
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Key West Florida
Reply #3 - 06/13/07 at 20:02:25

Allright, just followed up on some threads and found the #4 washer ground down to 5.25mm, is that correct?  Is it just one, or two stacked, or three?  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 19:33:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is it possible to get a new pilot screw?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.