Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anyone Ever Use a Wrist Rest (Read 16 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Anyone Ever Use a Wrist Rest
Reply #15 - 06/13/07 at 11:31:34

I have an attachment to my Kuryakyn ISO grip that does the same thing.  I use it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #16 - 06/14/07 at 04:52:51

youzguyz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Another "friction" type throttle control (like the Vista Cruise) is the "Flip-a-Lever"

http://www.schneidersinc.com/flip_a_lever.htm

That's what I have on mine.  Works fine with stock or the Kuryaken Iso-grips.

That's the one that fits between the throttle grip and the switch housing, right?

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #17 - 06/14/07 at 05:00:58

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I have an attachment to my Kuryakyn ISO grip that does the same thing.  I use it.

That's the one that I wish I had, but I bought my Vista when I had stock grips.  After I changed grips, I had to put the plastic housing for the Vista in a lathe and bore out about 1/32" to make it fit.  Not a big deal.

The Vista is pretty good for something that fits all bikes.  The stabilizer bar that runs across the switch housing is all that has ever bothered me with it....

...so last week I made a more permanent and less obtrusive mount.  All I gotta do now is find some button head or allen head 4 mm bolts.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #18 - 06/14/07 at 05:12:50

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
That's the one that fits between the throttle grip and the switch housing, right?

Mounts on the bottom of the switch housing using the screw that holds on the throttle cable.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

I put on the Kuryakyn ISO grip since those picutres.  Works fine with those as well.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 06/14/07 at 05:19:52

youzguyz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Mounts on the bottom of the switch housing using the screw that holds on the throttle cable.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

I put on the Kuryakyn ISO grip since those picutres.  Works fine with those as well.

Oh yeah, I remember that one.

I like the use of that screw too (that's where my helmet lock used to be)...

IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #20 - 06/21/07 at 06:48:14

I just bought a Cramp Stopper and took the Suzi out for a short ride on the Interstate, and it made a world of difference.  I could rest my wrist on the devise and it held at a steady 65-70 with no effort at all, and no vibration to speak of.
Just like the Superbrace, this is one small attachment that I did not know how I got along without. Grin Grin 8)

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #21 - 06/21/07 at 11:30:59

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Did you answer this question???

With that device can you remove your hand from the throttle?
Unfortunately the Savage does not have the throttle set screw like most bikes, so when you let it go, it throttles down. Mine is the Throttle Rocker with no provision for cruise. It still helps with throttle fatigue from being able to rest your palm on the "ear" instead of the death grip. I also wear, and have worn for years, wrist supports like you see drummers and guitar players wear.Im' not talking about the ugly things doctors want you to get. Most athletic stores and music stores carry then in different colors. When I was at GM I even got them to hand out to employees on the line to help with wrist fatigue. They are not real tight, and you wouldn't think that they would do much, but you will notice a real difference. I bet Rockin_john knows what I mean.       Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #22 - 06/21/07 at 23:25:10

The one I bought is identical to the Throttle Rocker.  It is either called a Cramp stopper or Cramp Buster.....Something like that.  It takes a little to get used to in traffic, but that is only a day or two.  ove it already.
Grin 8)

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #23 - 06/22/07 at 06:33:03

we have a "throttle boss" on my HD and the suzi, debby has a "cramp buster" (a larger version of the throttle boss) on her road king, neither are locking type devices

Starlifter wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Where do you get them?

they are both kuryakyn products, we bought them at the harley dealer, $6 for the boss, $14 for the buster

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 06/22/07 at 07:11:21

And the Throttle Rocker is $11 at http://www.throttlerocker.com/.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:46:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone Ever Use a Wrist Rest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.