Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should I need help w/ ins of Supertrapp? (Read 2 times)
Thumpin

If you ain't thumpin
you may as well be
dumpin

Huntsville AL
Should I need help w/ ins of Supertrapp?
06/08/07 at 08:25:12

There are no dealers of Supertrapp mufflers near (w/in 100 miles) of Huntsville, Al that I can find a active phone # for.  Thus, If I have this muffler drop shipped to me what are we talking about for an install.  It seems as if it would be quite simple if I keep it to 6 disks (thus avoiding retooling the carb).  

This shoud be a simple unbolt old - bolt on new right????

It feels so good when the ground shakes.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Should I need help w/ ins of Supertrapp?
Reply #1 - 06/08/07 at 08:30:40

Looking into my crystal ball, I see an dark image of an unknown  figure frantically beating on the muffler with a hammer....there is no sound in my vision.

Should be a piece of cake.

IP Logged
Thumpin

If you ain't thumpin
you may as well be
dumpin

Huntsville AL
Reply #2 - 06/08/07 at 08:42:00

My standard mental image of that type of frustration is the opening scene from I think it wa the first space odysee film (the one w/ HAL).  It shows a bunch of monkyes beating a big black oblisk w/ sticks.  At least my bike causes this sensation far less than my computer.

It feels so good when the ground shakes.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 06/08/07 at 08:54:22

Thumpin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
My standard mental image of that type of frustration is the opening scene from I think it wa the first space odysee film (the one w/ HAL).  It shows a bunch of monkyes beating a big black oblisk w/ sticks.  At least my bike causes this sensation far less than my computer.

And then the vision fades to a scene of the obelisk traveling through space.

That's the one.

Try to loosen the header bolts before beating the muffler though Tongue

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 06/08/07 at 09:14:15

The muff fits real tight on the header.  And I think the header maybe a bit long for the muff to go on far enough to engage the mounting bolts.

If you have a friendly muffler shop nearby...  Take the bike down to them.  Take the header off for them to work on it though.  Have them expand the trapp to fit the header.

My aged header end was expanded due to heat induced corrosion.  I ended up taking the dremel and taking off an inch of the outside layer.  Then I was able to convince it to go on.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/09/07 at 16:42:26

If you use a grinder on the header pipe while it is still on the bike, be advised, the sparks may go near enough to the battery vent tube to ignite the hydrogen. This will destroy the battery & spray battery acid on your bike.It may well put stains in your Hanes, too. I speak from experience & I am not joking. Answer? Pull the battery or reroute the vent tube away from where the sparks will fly. Otherwise, the install isnt too hard. Be sure to CLEAN the Supertrtapp & polish away any manufaturers oils or it will blue. Also, don't be shy with the antisieze on the bolts that hold the baffles. 6 is a good start, but rejeting & adding the baffles till it is working out like ya really want it is more fun & more, lots more, performance. Some folks seem to get the Trapp on far enough without cutting on stuff.Whatever you find, whatever it turns into, you can deal with it.It's just 2 pieces of pipe fitting together & the folks at Supertrapp intended it to fit the Suzuki. It will.

IP Logged
Superray
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Simple and
clean....no frills.

Dayton, Ohio
Reply #6 - 06/09/07 at 19:07:34

I put my Supertrapp on about 2 years ago. I originally was just going to paint the head pipe,so I had my wife sit on it while Itried to separate it from the muffler. Big mistake! The muffler got scratched real bad and looked  not too great. I then decided to go to a Supertrapp and ended up fooling with the mixture via the washer on the needle valve. I ended up making the washer and got the best results with 7 baffles. It really sounded GOOD! Last year I decided to go all out economy and bought a GZ250. This is a really great and I like it a lot, but it will never be a Savage! Now I am in the midst of cleaning it up to sell as I really don't need 2 bikes. The more I go over all the parts and polish this and that....Hell with it!.....I'm keeping it! Savage Forever! Have a good one,.....Ray

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:40:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Should I need help w/ ins of Supertrapp?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.