Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headlight riser and seat chop (Read 6 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Headlight riser and seat chop
06/05/07 at 20:33:34

By popular demand  Grin

I didn't do these mods, they were on the bike when I hauled it up here from Texas. My understanding is that two owners back, the owner paid lots of money for a shop to do LOTS of mods on this bike.

The headlight riser is just a block of billet aluminum with adapter holes drilled and taped into it:

The seat mods are a mystery to me, but from looking at a comparison to a stock seat, I'd say it has been cut down and reshaped a bit. Surprisingly, even with less padding it is much more comfortable than the stock seat:

While I like the tall look on the headlight, and I suspect part of the object of moving it up there was to get the aim corrected for the 4" over forks; that is a stock non-adjustable plastic headlight shell, and I have plans to change to an adjustable "stretched" housing with a halogen bulb. I don't know if I'll mount it lower, but I can see that using the whole adapter won't work. I may have to saw it in half, or fabricate a whole new adapter to get the new light where I want it. At least it is adjustable so when I get it looking right, I can aim it where it needs to point!

There are more seat and light riser picture to browse through here, and they tell more about how things are mounted:

http://catoosatrading.com/images/vehicles/cycles/my_ls650/savage_seat_light/

A note, I've wondered what the added bracket under the lower triple tree is for? A huge locomotive horn... naw... I bet they had some goofy looking rectangular light mounted there!  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 05:17:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight riser and seat chop

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.