Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help. Back Fender Options? (Read 24 times)
Dean
YaBB Newbies

North California
Help. Back Fender Options?
05/20/07 at 13:46:56

i'm interested in stripping down my 87 suzuki a little....like getting rid of the sissy bar and back seat. i'm curious to what my options are with a new back fender. Are there aftermarket ones that will fit the bike?  how about other bikes fenders  fitting? who do i see if i need to get something made?
 also where might i find the type of handlebars that have the turn signals in them?
     I'm new to making these kind of modifications so any advice would be welcome. thanks

p.s. i saw someone's bike on here that had chrome plated fenders, and thought it looked pretty cool. is that a difficult  (or really expensive) way to go? and hey (sorry for so many querstions) im going to get new tires soon too, how many people have had to change from the stock size based on their own experience with back fender modifications

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Help. Back Fender Options?
Reply #1 - 05/20/07 at 16:07:45

I bought my rear fender from a junk yard for $15.  It's off some 70's jap bike.  Look for something about 7 1/4" wide.           I had to fashion an extension to the front of it to get it to the lower front mounts, made from a thick piece of aluminum of a street sign.  The top mounts are spacered about an inch or so. Rear plate/tailight bracket is also cut and bent from the same street sign.  Those are handy!

Dunlop 404 140/90 rear tire is wider and taller than stock, right about at the clearance limit.
Here's a pic compared to stock rear tire

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
norway
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/21/07 at 00:37:34

hi Dean. check out my rear fender in the update pics link on page 1. This is an electraglide fender that I chopped down to fit the savage. Bought it at the scrapyard for 10 bucks, and the job to modify it is just priceless qualitytime in the garage. The struts are just some metal bars I had lying around(I collect metal pieces I come across, for this kind of use)
Good luck from up here in Norway

BTW: it is just a myth that we have polarbears running wild in the streets Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #3 - 05/29/07 at 06:21:26

Look at this e-bay store.

I think that this customization is very cool!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 05/29/07 at 16:56:50

Was just going to point out the same..as I was tooling around looking at fuel tanks.  Interesting custom/bob job at their D-Z site.

IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #5 - 05/30/07 at 07:47:55

whaddya need a rear fender for?  you afraid of something?

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:21:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help. Back Fender Options?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.