8 months (Read 4 times)
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
8 months
05/28/07 at 16:17:41

Probably brought on by reaching 48, or my wife bought life insurance on me that I don't know about, but I bought my first bike in October.  I did a fair amount of research and picked the S40.  Man I'm glad I did!  The hieght is perfect for the verticaly challenged and it she was easy to pick up when I put her down for the first time...........and hopefully the only time.
It's great for commuting, and fairly comfortable when walking it along in Atlanta traffic.  
Found the first thing I had to get was a windshield; OEM was fine.  And just picked up a set of Willie Max braided standard saddlebags that fit perfect.
Now I hate having to drive a car to work....unless it's raining and it's terrifying enought to drive a car in ATL in the rain let alone a bike!

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: 8 months
Reply #1 - 05/28/07 at 16:21:36

Welcome to the site, forrest.  Many happy miles to you  Grin

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #2 - 05/28/07 at 16:47:07

Same for me 49 years old (nearly 50), bought the savage a few weeks back.I have not been on a bike for 30 years or so and not much then.  Done a 1000 miles and hate taking the car to work I live in Orange County and ride the 30 odd miles to work and back to LA. Looking foward to my long-ish cruise.

ride safe
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #3 - 05/28/07 at 17:16:47

You are brave riding in Hotlanta traffic. I lived there for 12 years, and finally had to move - the stress was too much.  Way too many fatalities and long hours in commuting traffic. Ugh.  Tongue

But hey, maybe i would have stayed there longer if i had gotten the Savage sooner!  Spaghetti junction here i come! Smiley

RIDE SAFE!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 05/28/07 at 20:46:57

Yep.  That age thing can hit ya.  At least now you can sneak off on your bike before the spouse'e hitman comes to create that insurance claim Tongue

Welcome to the Savage club.

How's the S40 handle in the HOV lanes on I-85?.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #5 - 05/29/07 at 04:28:21

Congrats on your MC and good luck on your commute.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 05/29/07 at 04:43:44

Congratulations and welcome to the site.  I've been to Atlanta seven or eight times and, if it's any consolation, I personally think it's better than Dallas where traffic's concerned.  I get what you're saying about inclement weather.  I don't mind riding in the rain.  With prior notice, I have the appropriate gear and take it easy.  However, I tend to take the cage in rain or sleet, etc. instead just because the fools on Dallas freeways are bad enough in dry conditions and daylight.  They're really not fun to be around in the dark in the morning in slick road conditions.  Enjoy your S40 and this site.  There are a lot of great folks here.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #7 - 05/29/07 at 18:22:47

The commute isn't that bad...........ya just have to stay alert; no daydreaming.  My commute is a 12 mile stright shot.  I haven't ventured out onto the interstate yet but I've seen some suicidle crotch rocket riders in the HOV lanes.
I agree Dallas traffic does suck, not as bad as Houston, and they pale in comparison to D.C.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #8 - 05/29/07 at 18:34:09

I've never riden my bike in boston traffic but it's pretty bad in a car.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #9 - 05/29/07 at 18:54:00

Awe, come on.  DC traffic isn't bad at all if you hit it at 4 am...

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 05/30/07 at 08:38:26

forrest wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
The commute isn't that bad...........ya just have to stay alert; no daydreaming.  My commute is a 12 mile stright shot.  I haven't ventured out onto the interstate yet but I've seen some suicidle crotch rocket riders in the HOV lanes.
I agree Dallas traffic does suck, not as bad as Houston, and they pale in comparison to D.C.

I ride the freeways in Dallas and usually use the HOV lanes.  I don't usually see too many of the crotchrocket kamikazes on the freeways I frequent but I have seen them riding wheelies at 80+ MPH on the turnpike.  I have to agree that Houston is worse and I've never been to D.C.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 14:55:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 8 months

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.