Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The continuing MPG drama. (Read 15 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

The continuing MPG drama.
05/12/07 at 12:28:56

Checked the mileage since I went to the 155 main & trimmed the white spacer to about .06". Riding reasonably( I know, very subjective) not much time spent seeing what the top end is, tries twice, got to 82 once & 85 the next day. Some time spent rolling easy at 35 in traffic, high gear, putting along. Most of the time tho is 50 & up. Managed 42 MPG, a 7 MPG increase. Now, I will give the 152.5 a shot, soon as it gets here.Oh, I dont just wind the throttle open & wait for the engine to catch up, I dial it thru the torque. Very rarely do I get any backfire at all. no growling, snarling on decel, & I really miss that. Isnt a big single sposed to have more personality? Is it possible I will wind up with the 150 back in it? Seems pretty lean for a bike with the header inner wall gutted out of it, a Supertrapp with 14 baffles, K&N drop in, snorkel removed, & ( senior moment) the expensive hot plug. OHH ea, Irridium,, I knew I knew that.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: The continuing MPG drama.
Reply #1 - 05/12/07 at 12:38:49

Have you tried the supertrapp with no disc's at all?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/12/07 at 13:57:45

You mean pull the cap & run it open?
If so, nope, hadnt even considered it..

IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #3 - 05/12/07 at 15:44:15

I get 43mpg with a 155 main(stock in 1986) and a cherry bomb with a half-ast stack of washers for a baffle.  I get a lotta, lotta, snarling on decel, and a wicked black brake lever.  I think it's an exhaust leak though, I have a new crush gasket on order.

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:22:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The continuing MPG drama.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.