Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage rookie (Read 4 times)
Mikeydfrmaz
Ex Member

Savage rookie
05/12/07 at 08:08:03

Hey everyone, I have been reading all your posts and you all seem pretty well savage educated. I recently picked up a 1998 savage with 9,000 miles on it. pretty much perfect condition. I do have a couple of questions though. where can I find different seats for it? and where do I go to get a louder pipe put on it. I am a big gear head but have never worked on a bike. Plus what is the top speed of one the these bad boys? Can I make it faster?

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: Savage rookie
Reply #1 - 05/12/07 at 08:44:29

Except for the Suzuki gel seat, any seat you awap out for will have to be modified a bit.  A lot of people have had luck with Sportster seats.  

You can switch out for a Supertrapp, Jardine, or a Sportster (or similar) muffler.  There's a few other exhaust options available depending on how much you want to spend or how exotic you want to get, but those seem to be the most common.

The top speed stock is supposedly 88mph.  You can definitely make it faster if you want.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Re: Savage rookie
Reply #2 - 05/12/07 at 13:20:59

welcome to the site.  Smiley

hope you take this the way it is intended, but if you do check into the postings more it will help you with muffler choice (including I'm pretty sure on how to put on a sportster muffler in the tech section), how to put on a sporter seat (same place, I think) and so forth.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:30:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage rookie

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.