mclutter
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Anchorage, Alaska
Harley Fishtail Muffler
04/11/07 at 11:51:41

So I saw this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S40-SAVAGE-LS650-HARLEY-FISHTAIL-MUFFLER-KIT-9...

It states that no re-jetting is necessary. I live in Anchorage Alaska at about 100 feet above sea level. Does anyone have this installed on their bike? What do you think?

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Harley Fishtail Muffler
Reply #1 - 04/11/07 at 17:13:29

I've been using one just like it for about six months. It is the same as the regular bullet style sporty muffler, just has that little fishtail welded on the back end. I changed over from the bullet style and didn't notice any difference with the performance or sound. To get a better exhaust note I ended up drilling a 3/8 hole in the baffle in both mufflers. If you are planning to switch over to a sporty muffler rejet the main to a 152.5. Since I've drilled the baffle the 152.5 main seems to run a little lean. I'm also using a K+N stock type air filter which contributes to the leaner condition.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Harley Fishtail Muffler
Reply #2 - 04/11/07 at 22:27:25

Ebay poster says no re-jet - hogwash

IP Logged
Pages: 1