Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jetting Question (Read 2 times)
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Jetting Question
03/30/07 at 08:30:59

OK, So, I did the spacer mod and tuned the carb according to Lancers posting. Backfire is 95% gone. still get a little one on shutdown, and some crackling on decel, but that's a lot better than before...BOOM! I have the mixture screw about 3 turns out, so according to lancers posting, I should probably jet up to the next bigger pilot jet.

My bike is a 95' ls650, jardine slip on, stock intake. stock, it comes w/ a 52.5 pilot and 147.5 main. I was thinking a 55 pilot and a 152.5 main (since I'm in there anyways)

My question is, Is this the correct pilot jet to get via dennis kirk's website:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&c...

AND, is this the correct main jet to get via them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&c...

Thanks in advance for any help

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Jetting Question
Reply #1 - 03/30/07 at 08:46:45

They look right to me, as long as you select the size you want from the dropdown.  The price seems a bit high but maybe they've gone up.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #2 - 03/30/07 at 08:54:52

Do those jet sizes look OK to to you, for what I have going on?

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 03/30/07 at 11:48:16

A 55 pilot and a 152.5 main worked perfectly for my '98 with a MAC muffler and a K&N drop-in air filter but I seem to recall Reelthing saying the '95 is a slightly different beastie.  One of his Savages is a '95.  You might ask his opinion.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 03/31/07 at 19:39:19

And not sure if the '95 acts different because of the miles (>25k) compared to the '02 (~2k) - the pilot jet and main jet types are correct unless you want the one without holes - I couldn't tell any difference-

where I ended up @sealevel was a #152.5 (interesting yours had a #147.5 stock - should have had a #145) 52.5 pilot and half the spacer - right on 2 (1 7/8 to 2 1/8)  turns out from a light seat.

seems odd to me your  out near 3 turns - make real sure you have no air leaks at the intake clamps and the exhaust connections - very clean slide no holes in the diaphram.

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #5 - 04/01/07 at 18:58:40

IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Reply #6 - 04/02/07 at 06:25:30

You're right, Reelthing, my main is a 145. Thanks for the link Grovetucky. Calling them now!

So, you guys think the 152.5 main will be ok? not too big? I might buy a 150 too just in case

WWW   IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #7 - 04/02/07 at 06:31:35

I put a 152.5 main in. But I have yet get the pilot. I was going to stop by and see if theyhad one in stock or call. If you call and they have them post back here. I think I just got rid of all my muff leaks anyhow. I will be riding today to see if it helps. I think I am out to three turns also. I have not ridden since I have done that Sad

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 04/02/07 at 11:28:04

On mine, the 152.5 and 155 performed about the same but the 152.5 got better mileage.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:19:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetting Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.