Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I'm 6 foot and 215.. Too big for a Savage? (Read 108 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: I'm 6 foot and 215.. Too big for a Savage?
Reply #15 - 03/13/07 at 17:48:36

6' 240#
The only thing small about the savage is the top end.  But that's good for me, keeps me out of that kind of trouble.  

Oops, it's small on cost too.

The bull horn handle bars are a little cramped for me and I'm working on getting drag bars.  Tried harley bars, the position was good, I like the hand support I got with the bull horns better.

Legs are in a great position.  Even better with the sportster seat.

WWW   IP Logged
Roywhite
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/16/07 at 18:14:40

Welll... I know I'm not toeing the party line here but...

I'm thinking now I may buy a Honda 750 Shadow instead. Since we are going to be riding almost exclusively double and after looking at the Savage next to the 750 I had to conclude the 750 will be more comfortable for my wife clinging to the back. So.. Thanks for all the answers on this thread. I probably wont get the Savage but if it was just me riding without the wife, I'd definitely buy the Savage. I love the single thumper.

Roy

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #17 - 03/16/07 at 18:26:05

Roy, enjoy the Shadow and happy riding Grin

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Roadie

No, it's not a
Harley.

Lansing MI
Reply #18 - 03/16/07 at 19:05:41

Roywhite wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Welll... I know I'm not toeing the party line here but...

I'm thinking now I may buy a Honda 750 Shadow instead. Since we are going to be riding almost exclusively double and after looking at the Savage next to the 750 I had to conclude the 750 will be more comfortable for my wife clinging to the back. So.. Thanks for all the answers on this thread. I probably wont get the Savage but if it was just me riding without the wife, I'd definitely buy the Savage. I love the single thumper.

Roy

I've inherited an ACE and its nice.  Its no Savage though! It is more comfortable for two up!  But it's kinda "pushy" compare to the Savage in the corners.  I guess I got too spoiled on the flickability of the Savage honestly.  Still both good bikes!  Ahem, Savage pulls faster on acceleration.

Good luck! Keep the rubber side down.

- Roadie

IP Logged
praetorian
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/18/07 at 14:52:45

I'm 6'3" and 270# ... I bought the Savage as a non running piece of junk and have been restoring it.  When I got it I had every intention of getting it running and selling it immediately.  I didn't want to make a profit, just maybe break even.  I was using it for a learning experience project more than anything.  That has now changed.  I really like this little bike.  I have had it to 75 in 4th gear withanother gear and a whole lot of throttle left.  As far as fit goes, I would have to agree that at my height, it is a little cramped.  Only BIG problem is that I had to turn the bars up just so I could get a decent turning radius in.  The bar end were hitting the outside of my lower knees.  Now I am getting some wrist pain from the angle the grips are at.  I am going to replace the bars with some drag bars or clip-ons with a riserr and that should do wonderfully.

HTH

Robert

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/18/07 at 17:12:14

good luck with whatever bike you buy - I've never been without one so can't imagine what is was like to be without one for so long. can't comment on size issue as I'm 5'10", 180 lbs. but seems other big guys manage just fine. think only problem with the Savage 2 up is size of pad on the back (but don't know size of one on your alternative so may be moot)

take care, have fun riding but just watch out for those idiots with 4 wheels - I assume they are all out to kill me (or as others say that I'm invisible) Smiley

IP Logged
Zop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/08/15 at 14:46:21

I am 6'2" and 250. My wife is 5'4" and about 130. I love the bike. Great for back roads traveling 55 or so. I put a new seat and back rest on her and she is fine. I may upgrade the shocks soon. Here is the seat!

Seat.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:28:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm 6 foot and 215.. Too big for a Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.